Chopsticks

Love chopsticks but is there any benifit from using them over fork, knive, spoon??

Ha ha great answer and very true. I love using them and am pretty good 99% of the time. Then every now and then I seem to throw a dumpling across the room!

Chopsticks might explain why people from SE Asia are often slim. Before you have managed to eat enough to feel full up dinners finished .
And I mean you couldn't really get properly stuck into a steak and kidney pud with a couple of stiff straws could you ?

Chopsticks might explain why people from SE Asia are often slim. Before you have managed to eat enough to feel full up dinners finished .
And I mean you couldn't really get properly stuck into a steak and kidney pud with a couple of stiff straws could you ?

There are two fatal flaws in your theory, me and NT, who are both a bit more rotund than we'd like to be! Granted, we don't use chopsticks everyday, but when we do I don't notice NT having any trouble getting his food down!

You eat slower - and less. Both good things.

Not necessarily, but you probably do eat smaller bites.

Either way, I found I enjoy most sticky rice dishes better with chopsticks. I think it has to do with not taking huge bites.

i do not care for chop sticks. too cumbersome. it is a little too challenging to hold the food and lift it up. eating is not supposed to be difficult. i'll stick with standard silverware and still eat asian foods.

Back
Top Bottom