Christmas Nuts

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
9:06 PM
Is it a tradition in your house to have a bowl of Christmas nuts in shells? As a kid, I remember there being a bowl of nuts every Christmas with the nutcrackers poked into the bowl. We had brazils, hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts. We used to eat them on Christmas Day afternoon or on Boxing Day. I think it was the only time in the year we ever had nuts.

Do you have nuts at Christmas? What are your favourite ones?

Sounds like a lovely tradition. I like all kinds of nuts. This year I picked up almonds covered in Milk chocolate kisses for the first time. Do they count? I can't put them down.

81r4bvzlfxL._SY355_.jpg

Merry Christmas :)

NMHBHC4_mz.jpg

Mg, your house seems like the way we had growing up as well. Varied nuts edible and inedible,lols. I only ate walnuts cashews and peanuts. Still love nuts especially cashews macadamia and chocolate peanuts. I had a packet of chocolate nuts in the cupboard hidden for Xmas day. He found them yesterday and opened them and everyone ate them,lol. He can sniff food from anywhere.

Russ

Is it a tradition in your house to have a bowl of Christmas nuts in shells? As a kid, I remember there being a bowl of nuts every Christmas with the nutcrackers poked into the bowl. We had brazils, hazelnuts, almonds and walnuts. We used to eat them on Christmas Day afternoon or on Boxing Day. I think it was the only time in the year we ever had nuts.

Do you have nuts at Christmas? What are your favourite ones?
Yes, an old Christmas tradition - a bowl of nuts on the hearth, often still there many months later. I don't remember having chocolates at Christmas, but always nuts. Having to put the effort into cracking open the shells made them even tastier.

Pecans in the shell always on the coffee table...i never liked them but dad would sit there and crack nuts and eat thing while use kids would unwrap gifts.

Roasted peanuts out of the shell in a jar on the end table always good for staving off hunger while waiting for the meal which always was an hour late.

This is our first year without 'cracky nuts'. I had a virus last week so the shopping plans were canceled. I usually have walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts. And I put them in a bowl with chocolate coins. :D

This is our first year without 'cracky nuts'. I had a virus last week so the shopping plans were canceled. I usually have walnuts, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts. And I put them in a bowl with chocolate coins. :D

My sister is feeling unwell this Holiday too...i got a text yesterday morning at 7 am that stated..."I'm cancelling Christmas". I talked her into going to the clinic and the doc prescribed all kinds of things as her white cell counts were high. And i told sis she isn't cancelling Christmas merely prolonging it. So i hope you get to feeling better.

My sister is feeling unwell this Holiday too...i got a text yesterday morning at 7 am that stated..."I'm cancelling Christmas". I talked her into going to the clinic and the doc prescribed all kinds of things as her white cell counts were high. And i told sis she isn't cancelling Christmas merely prolonging it. So i hope you get to feeling better.

Oh dear! Does she live far away?

Oh dear! Does she live far away?

She live in Virginia, she was told she had a sinus infection after Thanksgiving. Given antibiotics and sent on her way, at first she started feeling better then worse, she thought she had caught something her boyfriend had, but it got way worse than what he had. She is a nurse and she makes the worse patient and kept think the antibiotics would fix it...i told her they likely wasn't strong enough. The the clinic's doctor basically said the same thing after taking a blood sample and got her different antibiotics, and a bunch of other stuff that is suppose to help move congestion out of her system. So she is bummed she can't do Christmas with her boyfriends kids cause she is contagious and feels awful.

Back
Top Bottom