Christmas Presents

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
1:49 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Who has them sorted?

Luckily for me, i had done most of it before I put my back out 11 days ago. This means I only have the smaller items to get for people. I usually do up a calendar each year of my own photographs. This year is no exception but thankfully I had done most of the work before I hurt my back (this has left me with a semi paralysed right leg to add to my already partially weakened left leg from an accident 20 odd years ago) and I also can't bear any weight on my spine vertically so sitting up and standing up are really painful.

So these are the photos for this year's calendar. Cover through to June, (there's a 10 file maximum upload per post so the rest will be in a reply!)

00 Cover.JPG 01 January.JPG 02 February.JPG 03 March.JPG 04 April.JPG 05 May.JPG 06 June.JPG

And July through to December.

07 July.JPG 08 August.JPG 09 September.JPG 10 October.JPG 11 November.JPG 12 December.JPG

So does anyone here do anything similar? Have you started Christmas present shopping, don't celebrate it? Try to leave it all to the last minute? With such a wide membership from around the world in curious.

Those are beautiful. I have not personally made a calendar for Christmas presents, but my mother had been doing it for years. My sister also did one for me of picture of her kitties that was really nice. Calendars are something I have thought about doing, but never done because of the cost. I am going for very inexpensive, but useful items this year since I have very little money.

Well first of all I have to make out my Christmas gift list which I do every year. This would include those I have to buy gifts for, and what I have in mind to give each person. I do not usually stick to the gift plan, however, but at least it gives me some ideas to work with and makes shopping a little easier. I have to watch my pocket a bit more this year though. This means that I will have to put a little more thought into what I plan to give, so I trust everyone will be satisfied with what they receive. We have always heard that it is the thought behind the gift and not the size or price of the gift that matters.

I always wait until I get a special offer something like a 70% off... So this year the calendar has cost £7 per calendar. We then add something edible and that covers each household. Younger children get something for themselves but we are both from large families so we aim to keep the costs way down as well.

Wow. From the looks of those photos you are a major talent with a camera. I would think everyone on your Christmas list looks forward to getting your calendars each year.

Really beautiful pictures! I am done with all of my shopping and I made my last grocery run earlier today. I haven't wrapped a single thing though. I absolutely hate wrapping, but my five year old just informed me that there had better be wrapped presents under the tree in the morning!

Well at last all of my gift purchases have been made and the bulk of the wrapping has been done. I am glad to have gotten all of that out of the way. As for my grocery shopping, that has all been done except for one item which I hope to pick up tomorrow. So, I will leave the last minute rushing around to those who like to be involved in that. That is really not my style, even though there always seems to be something that is forgotten. However, if the item is not of paramount importance, it will just have to wait until after the holidays.

OP, your photos are stunning. I'm a single mom so I only buy Christmas presents for my daughter and this year I ordered them early, so even though we lost our apartment 3 weeks ago, it didn't stop my daughter from getting her presents, which made me feel a little better.

Back
Top Bottom