Ciao!

Ciao, yes in this case as this is not a technically Ragu it is predominately onion based the red works because white would add too much acidity. I apologise I should have explained that more clearly.

Sarana x
I just assumed one of the glasses was for the cook. :)

Welcome from nz, I love Italian dishes, I make my own pasta sauces, we grow tomatoes.

Russ
Ciao Russ, that is good to hear. I am unsure of the climate in NZ can you get San Marzano tomatoes there? Maybe you could try to grow them I am certain that you would find a market for them.
Sarana x

Welcome to CookingBites Saranak. :welcome:Great to have another Italian on board - we have a regular contributor from Italy. MypinchofItaly. Please feel free to join in wherever you like or start new threads. Please note that recipes should be posted as new threads - this is because otherwise they are not 'searchable'.

I hope you enjoy our forum!
Ciao Morning glory,
I apologise for the format of my last post, Napulitano Ragu, I do tend do write as I speak, fast; indeed my husband says I speak like a machine gun! I will do my best to do better, unfortunately English is not my first language and in Napulitano we tend not to use too much in the way of breaks. Although I have been in the UK for over forty years I still speak in the same way. Ray is used to it and my children know nothing else! I simply try to convey the beauty of Napulitano food however, I appreciate what you say and I will try.

Grazie
Sarana x

Ciao Morning glory,
I apologise for the format of my last post, Napulitano Ragu, I do tend do write as I speak, fast; indeed my husband says I speak like a machine gun! I will do my best to do better, unfortunately English is not my first language and in Napulitano we tend not to use too much in the way of breaks. Although I have been in the UK for over forty years I still speak in the same way. Ray is used to it and my children know nothing else! I simply try to convey the beauty of Napulitano food however, I appreciate what you say and I will try.

Grazie
Sarana x

Its OK - I reformatted it a little bit. Its not necessarily to do with native language - its a common issue with many people from all over the world, when they write long texts. They simply don't put in enough paragraph breaks so that it becomes very 'indigestible' to read. Regarding recipes, there is a numbering system in the toolbar when you post, that can be useful if the recipe has a lot of steps. Simply highlight all the recipe 'steps' and click on 7th icon from the right:

Its OK - I reformatted it a little bit. Its not necessarily to do with native language - its a common issue with many people from all over the world, when they write long texts. They simply don't put in enough paragraph breaks so that it becomes very 'indigestible' to read. Regarding recipes, there is a numbering system in the toolbar when you post, that can be useful if the recipe has a lot of steps. Simply highlight all the recipe 'steps' and click on 7th icon from the right:

View attachment 38506
Grazie,
I wondered what that was for. I am not that technical and I do sometimes struggle with IT. Please accept my apologies for adding extra work this is not my intention I assure you. Maybe it would be best if anything that I do write is vetted?

Sarana x

Grazie,
I wondered what that was for. I am not that technical and I do sometimes struggle with IT. Please accept my apologies for adding extra work this is not my intention I assure you. Maybe it would be best if anything that I do write is vetted?

Sarana x

Please don't worry - no need for that. I'm usually around and can fix things if needed. Just carry on posting/joining in discussions! :okay:

Ciao Russ, that is good to hear. I am unsure of the climate in NZ can you get San Marzano tomatoes there? Maybe you could try to grow them I am certain that you would find a market for them.
Sarana x

Never heard of them, I grow from seeds of tomatoes that are proven producers. Beefsteak is one we grow.

Russ

Never heard of them, I grow from seeds of tomatoes that are proven producers. Beefsteak is one we grow.

Russ
They are grown in Campania and are different to other tomato. I will give a photo, I appreciate you growing your own.

Sarana x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom