Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
8:24 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
One or two members don't find hyperlinks in the site green to be very clear which I've been looking into.
I personally haven't had any issues with links as they come at present, green is the one colour I can see without issue! However, I don't want hyperlinks in a larger text, different font or in a different colour because it does not match the site theme or make the site easy to read for those with a limited vision/colour range (I for instance can't distinguish between shades of red or blues, so purples are a major issue for me, so I've came up with 2 other options.

One is the hyperlink (Internal or External to the site) is underlined and the other is that it is in bold.

i've attached all 3 options and I'd be grateful if you could let me know which you prefer. Poll attached.
As you can see from my examples, links in signatures are also affected, as will a few other places so I have to be careful with the changes.

Personally I don't have an issue with the original. But would it be possible to make them a slightly darker green instead? I'm really against underlining. I think it looks very disruptive and ugly and destroys the flow of text. Of the two options I prefer bold.

Personally I don't have an issue with the original. But would it be possible to make them a slightly darker green instead? I'm really against underlining. I think it looks very disruptive and ugly and destroys the flow of text. Of the two options I prefer bold.
Not easily, it is currently coded as one of the palette colours for the site. That means that everything that uses that colour, changes if that colour is changed. I'd have to hard code a change for both internal and external links to a specific hex colour code. Trouble is that that's making changes to css code and it isn't as easily undone.

I'll experiment tomorrow.

It might be easier to actually leave it as is and add on a new style that members can choose to change to.

I'm making changes to the CookingBitesTest style at present but I'm not certain who can see that if anyone except myself.

Edited to add, scroll to the very bottom and look for the paint brush icon above the word contact us in the black area. Click on it.

One of the many reasons I don't like underlined is that it would mean everytime we mention a member's name it would be underlined.

One of the many reasons I don't like underlined is that it would mean everytime we mention a member's name it would be underlined.
The code being changed is for hyperlinks, internal and external only. It does not affect usernames.
I changed it back and forth and can't see any difference here.
You'll only see a difference if you navigate to somewhere like the challenge thread that has hyperlinks (https:// or www.) and this thread doesn't have any. You'll also have to force a refresh.

I voted for original. I’m used to it, so that’s what I look for now.

Underlining…this may sound odd, but it makes hyperlinks too visible to me, overshadowing the rest of a post, and pulling focus away from that. I always find it difficult to read through a block of text or a post with underlined/bolded links, because that’s where my eye goes, and that’s where it stays.

Underlining…this may sound odd, but it makes hyperlinks too visible to me, overshadowing the rest of a post, and pulling focus away from that. I always find it difficult to read through a block of text or a post with underlined/bolded links, because that’s where my eye goes, and that’s where it stays.

I agree.

I don't like the underlining idea, either. I do like the bold idea. I had in the past changed the shade of the font of my recipe entry when entering a challenge until I was told not to do so. It made it stand out without being obnoxious, in my opinion. I have just glossed right over hyperlinks before not even seeing them when in that light green color.

I just know what it looks like, so I know what to expect, I guess. I’m also a 99% phone-based forum user, no mouse for me. Even when I’m on a laptop, actually, no mouse there, either, just the trackpad. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom