Clean Eating

Eat what you like just in moderation and take exercise, I know that doesn't work for everyone but I could not give up anything that I enjoy, restricting yourself can take away the pleasure. If you have to be careful, ie: diabetics etc.. then fair enough but relax, enjoy life, just be sensible.

Couldn't agree with you more. Most of these people who claim that obesity problem is about food (it is obviously connected) get up in the morning, drive their car to work, sit in a chair working on their laptop, drive home with a car and then read a book or watch tv on the couch. Whereas if they'd just walk or cycle to work it would already be enough to let them eat pretty much whatever they want.

This however is going a bit off topic, and I guess I started it. The point is that if you feel better because you do this clean eating then great for you, but I won't be participating.

So I am trying to improve my diet and nutrition. It's not the best right now and I want to improve my body as well as my diet. I have heard a lot about clean eating and it sounds fantastic. So I thought I would post a thread about this and then if anyone else knows about clean eating or is interested. You can join in here:)

I have found a couple great links that I think you should check out if you are interested because they explain it better than I ever could:
1. Skinny Mom
2. Funeral for my fat

I also found this great chart which explains and shows the basics of eating clean:
tumblr_m8vrkbVGxZ1r8gcu2.jpg

So if you know more about this or are interested, come and say hello. As I want this to be somewhere we can share meal plans and recipes. I am on a very tight budget too so will be trying to find cheaper meals.

I'm not sure if I have posted this thread in the right category because I am new here. But please tell me if I have and I will move it or delete it.

Thanks for this post and reminder! I also started a clean eating diet about 2 months ago and my overall health status has been very rewarding! No turning back for me. Along with my clean eating diet I also do the fitness thing and I'm always energized. Clean eating habits not only promote better health, they also help to purify your skin and help empty out toxins from your body. I stopped eating fatty foods and junk and within a week I felt better about myself. One thing I want people to understand is that this isn't a diet --- it's a lifestyle, a healthy lifestyle. Thanks again!

Hey Pipps,

Thanks for sharing! This looks wonderful but then my office schedule does not permit me to plan my food intake so well. In fact, I am not rearranging myself to ensure that I eat on time. Once that happens then maybe I will give this a more closer look, which it honestly deserves.

I had changed my eating lifestyle together with my family when our father got sick and died due to an illness. After that we learned so many things about the right healthy eating lifestyle and some foods that really affects our health and will make us sick and it had been an awakening for all of us to value our health. We started avoiding eating processed foods, high sugar content foods and beverages, less red meats, less oily and fatty foods and learned to eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish and white meat. Before we always eat outside knowing foods served there had lots of preservatives which are bad for our health. But now we always cook healthy foods and just eat at home. We had been practicing this "Clean Eating" lifestyle for a couple of years already for good health.

I like to eat whatever it is that I like; having lived a life in that mindset, though, I am not medically forced to consider other options. I began having seizures and have been diagnosed with epilepsy. Of course, it wasn't caused by my diet, but can actually be affected by it. There are thoughts that carbs and starches can actually intensify the seizures, so the Atkins diet is one that helps to get you on the right track. My doc seems to think if I choose my foods with thought, though, a diet isn't really needed. The "clean eating" idea is just about the best way to go about it, I think. Thanks for the the info and links....much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom