Recipe Coconut Milk

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
2:57 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Homemade coconut milk where you can control the ingredients... And you can freeze it.

You'll need a coconut and some water.

Ingredients
Grated coconut
Spring Water

Method
  1. Depending on how much of the whole coconut you grated, you'll need 250ml per 1/8th of the coconut.
  2. Soak the grated coconut in the spring water. It should just cover it. Leave it to soak for about an hour or so. Longer is not a problem. I don't bother removing the skin from the coconut, but if you want pure white coconut milk, then you will need to.
  3. Pour the lot into a high powdered liquidise/blender and blend for a 2-3 minutes until all of the coconut flesh had been blended as far as the liquidiser can go.
  4. Now pour the lot through a nut milk bag and leave to drain. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
  5. I freeze my coconut milk in 200-250ml portions to defrost as needed.
The remaining coconut meal can be used fresh or dehydrated to use in other recipes.

DSC_2168.JPG
DSC_2169.JPG

Last edited:
Its grating all that coconut which puts me off!
It's no worse than grating cheese or carrots and there isn't that much at the end of the day. I only grated about 2 grater loads max. It took very little time at all.
And you could always freeze the fresh coconut in small pieces of needed. I do sometimes.
Most people find it more difficult to open the coconut in the first place.

I forgot this picture from earlier.

DSC_2164.JPG

Back
Top Bottom