Coffee Drinks

OK, so I'm a Starbuck's fan.

full.jpg

The other blends of Starbuck's I like are Cafe Verona, Pike's Place, Komodo Dragon, Columbia and their Christmas blend.

The best Irish Coffee we ever had was at an Irish pub in Stresa, Italy, up in the local area. We had climbed the hill/mountain to eat dinner at a tiny little place a very nice and friendly merchant had recommended to us. The meal was FANTASTIC by the way. Best calamari we've ever had. On our way back down to our hotel, we decided to stop in the pub for a night cap. Very friendly people. The proprietors were a native of Stresa and his Irish wife. She used a combo of Brown and white sugar, filled the mugs about half full of Bushmill's Irish Whisky, topped off with strong coffee and then whipped cream. We stayed for several, then walked them off back down and along the shoreline of the lake back to our hotel.

It's been rattling around in my brain pan, but I keep thinking that it should be put off until the Christmas and New Year's Holidays, - hot buttered rum coffee.

My desire not to get involved with hard liquors also has put this off, but the rum would be diluted by the coffee and butter, etc. But I liked hot buttered rum coffee the last time I had it and would like to fit it into at least one morning's coffee drink - and then put the rum in the back of a pantry shelf.

I would prefer using a dark rum and the brand shouldn't be a bother since it would only get mixed into the coffee drink and not given any of that 2 fingers consideration.

Curious about the Hot Buttered Rum Coffee, never tried it before!

On the non-alcoholic front, I was recently introduced to Oat Milk Creamer as an alternative to my usual (dairy) coffee creamer and I was impressed, it was quite pleasant.

On the coffee itself, I like doing a batch of coldbrew at the beginning of the week (1 heaping cup of medium ground, medium roast coffee to 5 cups water, steeped overnight). If I'm good at limiting myself to 8oz per day, I can make it through the work week, but that's rare LOL. Cold brew is less acidic and very smooth. On the weekends I end up using the French press for a quick and dirty cup, and the last few sips are always "muddy".

I only use alcoholic ingredients for flavoring - never enough to get bombed on. Thus far, I have only used Kahlua regularly, every other day - and have tried amaretto. I also use a host of things like honey, molasses, agave syrup and sweet creamers.

I've purchased 750ml of dark rum in preparation for doing a hot rum buttered coffee drink.

View attachment 65545

I made hot buttered rum coffee this morning. This contained, strong dark coffee, rum, butter, molasses (instead of brown sugar), cinnamon and nutmeg. As the saying goes "Good stuff Mainard."

Coffee with Kahlua and White Chocolate Mocha Creamer

full.jpg

I included two fun size Snickers bars.

This is Kopi Talua (lit. meaning "Coffee and Egg" in Minangkabau language), an egg and coffee drink from West Sumatera, Indonesia. To prepare this you get a yolk in a glass, add sugar to your taste, whisk the mix with handheld mixer or balloon whisk until the color turns pale. After that you add sweetened condensed milk and give another whisking.

While waiting, brew your coffee. After it's filtered, while hot, mix the coffee with egg mixture, stir very well. The heat from the coffee should be enough to "cook" the yolk. But if you want to ensure your food safety, I suggest you to use pasteurized egg. Voila! Enjoy your "Kopi Talua".

kopi_talua_edit.png

The coffee in this country is extraordinary; a shame successive governments didn´t recognise that .
Mine comes in two forms: black, espresso-style, or very strong, with just a bit of milk. Sugar - yes - but that´s it.
Last week I mistakenly bought a bottle of artisan porter. Normally a delicious beer, but this one had been poisoned with coffee husks. No, no, no, no - it´s either porter or it´s coffee.
So personally, no messing with MY coffee :laugh: :laugh:

This is Kopi Talua (lit. meaning "Coffee and Egg" in Minangkabau language), an egg and coffee drink from West Sumatera, Indonesia. To prepare this you get a yolk in a glass, add sugar to your taste, whisk the mix with handheld mixer or balloon whisk until the color turns pale. After that you add sweetened condensed milk and give another whisking.

While waiting, brew your coffee. After it's filtered, while hot, mix the coffee with egg mixture, stir very well. The heat from the coffee should be enough to "cook" the yolk. But if you want to ensure your food safety, I suggest you to use pasteurized egg. Voila! Enjoy your "Kopi Talua".

View attachment 71469

I love this. We make something alike in Italy and it has been one of my treats when I was a little girl

The coffee in this country is extraordinary; a shame successive governments didn´t recognise that .
Mine comes in two forms: black, espresso-style, or very strong, with just a bit of milk. Sugar - yes - but that´s it.
Last week I mistakenly bought a bottle of artisan porter. Normally a delicious beer, but this one had been poisoned with coffee husks. No, no, no, no - it´s either porter or it´s coffee.
So personally, no messing with MY coffee :laugh: :laugh:
You have the right geography for coffee farming, I have no doubt your country produces good beans. I have had coffee from Guatemala, Columbia, and my homeland Jamaica, and it seems to me that these mountainous regions are perfect for coffee production!

As for your observation on "coffee porter", I have one chilling in the refrigerator right now :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom