Coffee

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
11:56 PM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Does anyone else forgot to boil the kettle before making a coffee? My hubby has twice this week made himself a black coffee with cold water, only to pour it away and try again having actually boiled the kettle this time? Is he the only one forgetting to boil the kettle first?

I think I have once or twice done that! Rather than throw it away I suppose it could be heated in the microwave.

lol depends on the type of brew method, but i assume this is being
poured thru a filter?
We all do silly things when we havent had our coffee yet.
Besides cold brewed coffee is preferred by a growing number
of people these days. I certainly see no reason to waste the coffee.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but instant coffee is a social pariah here. However, the major coffee companies are trying to produce something to make Americans drink their swill... :coffee:

It's akin to asking the tea drinking countries of the world to give up their tea snobbery in all its forms.

I've become quite fond of iced coffee. I've been filling up a 4-cup measure with water, microwaving until really hot, then putting in the coffee grounds, stirring, and then letting it sit. I strain it through a very, very fine mesh strainer and refrigerate. Sort of a French press way of making, without the pressing.

I make a 1:1 ratio simple syrup for sweetening and refrigerate that too.

Back
Top Bottom