Computer crash

garlichead

Über Member
Local time
12:27 PM
My new ThinkPad, one month old went into convulsions and died after promting me to update. Now I have to send it back to be repaired so I won't be around alot simply because I hate using my phone for this. Basically just letting you know if I don't respond in a timely manner you know why. Damn computers.

My new ThinkPad, one month old went into convulsions and died after promting me to update. Now I have to send it back to be repaired so I won't be around alot simply because I hate using my phone for this. Basically just letting you know if I don't respond in a timely manner you know why. Damn computers.

My I pad has a mind of its own as well. I'm updating it soon.

Russ

I'll be upgrading to XP soon. I know how to make them fast and reliable and safe. The one I got now has some fatal errors, but the new one won't.

T

Never, never, never, never click that button for automatic updates. Did I mention NEVER? I know so many people that have lost all their data, photos and contacts when their computers or phones did auto-updates.

We'll miss you. Hurry back!

P.S. Never. :thumbsdown:

I never do.friend of mine tells me that he took a win 10 update and it took away Firefox which he liked and forced Edge on him, AND LOST HIS BOOKMARKS !

Yeah, when I install XP it is not like other people. first of all it is a very early version and absolutely needs SP2. And of course no auto updates. I could because I got the Pro Corp edition but I still don't.

Since it can't format over 10GB I load it on a smaller drive and clone it after the SP2 is in. I also move the swapfile to the non-boot drive, I always use more than one drive or at least partition. In the end there is an old drive taped to the bottom fully loaded for that PC but disconnected, let's see a virus attack that !

What I can install on the second drive I do, what I can't has all its files and other things on the second drive.

When I get done it runs like lightning, everything is immediate. And I have a very versatile software suite that won't run in the newer stuff.

T

Back
Top Bottom