Convenience Dessert - Brownie in a Mug

dashboardc33

Veteran
Local time
1:20 AM
I have seen the brownie in a mug before and it looks so good and so easy to make! I gave it a try last week and it tasted awful. It was really sweet and too chocolate flavored for me. I used the unsweetened cocoa and I added in sugar (probably too much sugar). Have any of you tried this when you are craving a quick easy snack? Maybe there are other recipes out there that are better than this one. What do you suggest?

We have a mug with all the markings on the side and instructions,it's a bit of fun andd they do make a good present for kids ,the cake is ok if you don't over cook it in the microwave,
I was watching a programme the other day and a 2 Michelin star chef cooked a squid ink sponge in the microwave the same method in paper coffee cup!

I have seen the brownie in a mug before and it looks so good and so easy to make! I gave it a try last week and it tasted awful. It was really sweet and too chocolate flavored for me. I used the unsweetened cocoa and I added in sugar (probably too much sugar). Have any of you tried this when you are craving a quick easy snack? Maybe there are other recipes out there that are better than this one. What do you suggest?

:D :D That's so funny. I did a mug chocolate cake about twice and was it awful? Just a little bit. I distinctly remembered it was a moist chocolate mug cake and on both occasions I did it for my son as a sort of pleasant surprise. In some ways the surprise was mine when it did not turn out well. I believe I might have mentioned it before. Here is one I tried.

http://www.food.com/recipe/5-minute-wacky-vegan-microwave-chocolate-cake-for-one-458008

We have a mug with all the markings on the side and instructions,it's a bit of fun andd they do make a good present for kids ,the cake is ok if you don't over cook it in the microwave,
I was watching a programme the other day and a 2 Michelin star chef cooked a squid ink sponge in the microwave the same method in paper coffee cup!

Blimey! What is squid ink sponge? I've made squid ink pasta, but my mind is boggling...:scratchhead:

Blimey! What is squid ink sponge? I've made squid ink pasta, but my mind is boggling...:scratchhead:
I will remember the chef some when ,he was the chef that through a total hissy fit on the great British chef competition,looks great as a seafood garnish ,as you say great for colouring pasta dough,so is stinging nettles,I pop them in the juicer and get a concentrated essence and add it to the dough

I will remember the chef some when ,he was the chef that through a total hissy fit on the great British chef competition,looks great as a seafood garnish ,as you say great for colouring pasta dough,so is stinging nettles,I pop them in the juicer and get a concentrated essence and add it to the dough

Was he the Chef from Liverpool? I can't remember his name either.

I was thinking of Richard bainbridge at Morston manor
He did the microwave squid ink sponge
Oh, Richard Bainbridge! He was Galton Blackiston's Head chef at Morston Hall. I think he left to set up his own place in Norwich. I was going to check it out as I often go up to East Anglia and you have now reminded me. I didn't ever see his hissy fit. Johnny Mountain's one was spectacular!

Back
Top Bottom