Cookery writers...

batgirl

Veteran
Local time
11:09 AM
Do you have a favourite cookery writer or writers? I love to browse recipe books anyway, but my particular favourite writer is Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall with his series of River Cottage titles.

The books themselves are visually appealing, with great photos and fun annotations. Hugh writes interesting prefaces to each section, detailing his personal experiences. The recipes themselves are generally simple but delicious and focus on the use of fresh, seasonal ingredients.

I like Delia Smith and also Rose Elliott (vegetarian) as the recipes don't look too long and the instructions are easy to follow. If I see a huge list of ingredients it puts me off as I don't like to have too many things, not only the cost, but getting everything together. As I like to adapt them anyway, and rather not buy ingredients specifically for a recipe if I can help it.

I don't really have one, but I have a fondness for Cultural oriented and geographical cook-books . Where you center around an geographical area and showcase that areas specialty and preference in cooking.
Like Fish from the Mediterranean , or Loafes from the Alp Region of Europe.
I like Jean Anderson for her German cooking, and Gennaro Contaldo for Italian cooking.

Back
Top Bottom