Cooking Bible ?

Trikky2

Über Member
Local time
12:22 AM
Hi Folks,

Am new here as been searching for the answer to this for a while and thought I'd join up here :)

I did my Chefs training about 25 years ago, but left that trade.

When I did my course ( and every Chef I knew up in Cumbria ) had a copy of a certain book that we all knew as the 'bible'.

Now my situation has changed, just moved into a nice 18th Century cottage and am having time away from the high tech stuff I got into ... Planing to start growing my own food and get back to PROPER cooking again.

But I can't find, or remember the name of this bloody book :)

All I can remember was that it was required reading for my course and every Chef I knew had a copy, you could tell how long someone had been chefing by the edition they had :)

It was by 3 names ( That I can't remember ) and took you through all the basics and was aimed at people that were doing this as a profession rather than hobby. I think my edition was around 8 or 9th and had a blue cover.

Hope someone can help :)

All the best.

Richard

I have no clue Richard..maybe you could call the institute where you did you training if it is still around and ask the name. Or you could try to look up colleagues from back then and see if they know. I wouldn't even hazard a guess, because I am in the US and I don't even know what chef's use in training here.

Ohhh great i am glad you found it. I guess that book would be something really fantastic and something you could use. It is one of the options that you may need to make great cuisine. It is important to have the options you need with cookery.

I have a copy it's the fourth edition ,another bible was chefs compendium of professional recipes and the repertoire

Back
Top Bottom