Cooking Chopsticks

Ellyn

Veteran
Local time
9:21 PM
Look what I got!

PIC_1320.JPG

(Sorry for the bad photo quality. I am not actually a mottled green sea creature.)

So, cooking chopsticks are usually larger than eating chopsticks because, of course, you're working with something really really hot and that will usually come in large amounts. The ones I'm holding are made out of silicone (at the tips) and plastic, though. So, they'll melt if I leave them in.

I actually feel confident and comfortable enough with chopsticks that I can flip pancakes with this.

Notice that at the other end, there is a pronged and curved fork like a giant fondue fork, that I can only think would make a serviceable takoyaki pick in absence of a takoyaki pick.

The other stick has a spoon at the end, although my camera doesn't capture it, it had tiny embossed measurement of the liquid in a full spoon. I can't imagine using those, though, because the spoon is actually pretty tiny and I'm unfamiliar with the measurement of fluid in cc's. The spoon isn't a soup ladle, so I guess it's really only for tasting.

Made by color life, bought at Daiso (a Japanese hardware and lifestyle store, which I love to browse because you can find the neatest gadgets and stuff.)

Last edited:
Very clever idea, I have never seen anything like that before. I am a bit of a gadget junkie so that is probably something that I will have to have for my kitchen things.

Back
Top Bottom