Cooking Disaster

Nikkishea21

Local time
8:44 AM
When I was in my early twenties and moved in with my boyfriend. I was a nervous wreck! I one day set out to prepare a meal of stewed peas with the intention of wowing the other half. I thought all was well and was happily cooking away, only to find that I forgot to put the peas in the pot. When I opened the pressure cooker it was all meat, luckily there was enough time to amend this and it did not turn out badly.

This can sometimes happen, and that is why when I am cooking I do not like to lose concentration. For instance, a similar thing happened to me when I was cooking rice and peas. Normally I would cook the peas for a short while before adding the rice. Well, somehow or other, I inadvertently forgot to put in the rice at the time I normally would, but fortunately for me, I remembered before it was too late, although the peas had cooked for longer than I intended. Anyway, I added the rice and all turned out well in the end. Otherwise, I would just have cooked peas, and the rice would have been left on the table in a bowl.

Back
Top Bottom