Cooking for St Patrick's Day?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
2:35 AM
Not so much celebrated in the UK but I know it is in the US. Is anyone cooking Irish inspired food?

Last edited:
Swedish meatballs for tea, I'm not Irish, so I don't do anything. Well done to the drinks industry for making it a thing though.
I can only imagine that all of Ireland collectively rolls their eyes at the Americans (and alcohol marketers) for making it such a big deal.

I baked these earlier:

Irish soda bread muffins, though they’re much more muffin than soda bread.

Had this for an appetizer:

Let’s say that tomato is just a very dark orange, then we can admire how I’ve got the colors of the Irish flag on my plate. :whistling:

Shepherds (or Cottage…I’ll never tell!) pie coming up in about 10 minutes. Guinness and Conway’s Irish Ale in the fridge as well (some Guinness in the pie, so i drank the rest of that).

Well, knowing what’s coming up for you, it won’t be “top o’ the mornin’,” but “bottom o’ the mornin’” for you!

I slept most of the day, because the timing of everything has me up most of the night.

CD

I don´t celebrate St Patrick´s Day or any other saint,for that matter.
I´m not Irish, either, so I see no reason to do so, but all the best to those of you who do raise a toast to Paddy.

No particular prepared dish but I spent this afternoon (a day late) listening to Christ Moore.

Back
Top Bottom