Cooking for Your Pet?

zararian

Veteran
Local time
7:30 PM
Do you have pet/pets and do you like cooking for them?
We do have dogs here and we usually feed them rice and meat since it is more affordable. Definietly I enjoy cooking for them their favorite dishes are usually chicken dishes. I do not feed them raw food cause I do not think that is safe for them.

I would enjoy cooking for them if it was more affordable. We worked it out and, because we have two large dogs, it is not possible to feed them for the $50/month it costs to feed them now.

When I lived in Canada, we fed our dogs raw. They were healthy as could be and their stool was amazing. We can't buy quality controlled raw food for pets here so we went back to the kibble. I'm not going to risk grocery store bought raw meat, especially the way they handle it.

Do you have pet/pets and do you like cooking for them?
We do have dogs here and we usually feed them rice and meat since it is more affordable. Definietly I enjoy cooking for them their favorite dishes are usually chicken dishes. I do not feed them raw food cause I do not think that is safe for them.
I would cook for them and I thought about it, but I don't eat meat. I know it would be better for them than most of the junk that's in cat food. We just try to find the best cat food for health and within budget.

i cook all the trimmings from venison i trim out ,i seam out hauches every week and render the trimmings down and freeze it for dog food ,i have a aging boxer dog and since feeding her fresh venison and dried food she has had a new lease of life

My dog always eat what I eat. We share the foods from the same cooking. Just avoiding contact to the foods which are harmful to him.

My dog always eat what I eat. We share the foods from the same cooking. Just avoiding contact to the foods which are harmful to him.

When I had a dog it was pretty much the same. In the morning he would get that dog dry food stuff but in the evening I would either give him leftovers or just cook a bigger batch of whatever I was having.

There are occasions where I'll separate some protein & vegetable (depending on what it is) & cook it in a small separate pan. I don't like to give them things with added salt or seasonings. I'm sure they'd love it but I'm concerned about their tummies later.

I do not have a pet at home due to health reason. But in my siblings house they all had dogs as their pets. They are being taken care of very well and they treat them as like their own kids. They always buy dog foods and sometimes they cook for them and they never give them leftover foods. They even had their own soft bed to sleep and are always with them even when traveling to some places. Lucky dogs for having that kind of families who really love pets.

I do have pets in my house but I have only cooked for them once. I made this protein rich food for my dogs before. I usually buy prepared foods for my pets right now. It is easier to do than cooking for them.

I am glad I stumbled on this and I am wondering if I shouldn't look at cooking for them more. I usually just get them a good dog food and recently made them some treats. With all the talk about dog chow being made from all sorts of questionable things , I think I should examine this matter more closely. I have four dogs and they can be picky at times. I'd have to see what appeals to them.

IMG_2457_2.jpg

saw this outside a pub in Salcombe Devon uk

A while ago, I started adding in oatmeal and scrambled egg to the canned cat food, or occasionally, to a little tuna (or meat, if I have it on hand), and I also add in https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=missing+link+for+cats+veterinary+formula for my oldest and youngest kitties. They're the ones with health issues. I offer it to them all, but the others usually turn up their noses, although they occasionally will eat it.

When I run out of dog food, I live way too far out of town to just run to the store and get an item or two. So I have cooked for them a few times. I always cook up some kind of meat, usually left overs if there are any. I add a lot of rice so that it'll be more filling. A few can of vegetables and raw eggs for the protein.

My dog has just had operation and you have to feed her on rice ,chicken and go ,she flicks the rice and egg out for the birds to have and just eats the chicken,it's hard as she has to have a antibiotic on her food so at least the birds won't get a cold!we had to get tablets for her !

My dog has just had operation and you have to feed her on rice ,chicken and go ,she flicks the rice and egg out for the birds to have and just eats the chicken,it's hard as she has to have a antibiotic on her food so at least the birds won't get a cold!we had to get tablets for her !

I am sorry to hear about your dog. I hope she gets back to great health soon. I don't do much cooking for my dogs but when I do give them left over rice, I can see them trying to get whatever meat might be in there. They are not fans of rice two of them. My bigger dog seems okay with it when she gets it and the new 'kid' seems to be ready to eat just about anything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom