Cooking Mushrooms

Depends on the mushroom,big mushroom ie portabella or king mushrooms brush them with a mushroom brush a little butter on them and in the oven ,or buttons or wild mixtures sauté in clarified butter season at end ,don't need to draw any moisture out of them ,I will only use a realy fresh mushroom ,stalks and aged ones I use for soups or duxelles ,I won't eat dried and slimy efforts

MMMMMMMMMM brushed with butter and put them in the oven. I have never done that and it sounds so good. Especially along side a steak as a side. I am definitly going to give that a try.

I carefully wipe my mushrooms with a slightly damp paper towel. Then, depending on the recipe, I sliced them and cook them in butter to put over a steak, or mixed into meatloaf, put on top of hamburgers. If I am making spagetti, I just add them to the meat while it is cooking. l also slice them and add them to a fresh leaf spinach salad. I put them raw and whole if small and cut into halves or quarters if large on a vegie plate with some kind of dip.

Okay, you can stop now. You're making me hungry! I'm the only one that eats mushrooms around here, so I don't buy them terribly often. Now, I need to go get some, since all of your ideas sound so good. I've been on a big salad kick lately, and fresh mushrooms would be a perfect addition.

I haven't had black pudding and honestly don't even know what it is,
Not sure where you are and black pudding may be a bit of a British thing [usually northern] but it's made from [sorry to the squeamish] cooked pigs blood - look it up on the net. It's much better than it sounds. It's basically a big sausage.

Not sure where you are and black pudding may be a bit of a British thing [usually northern] but it's made from [sorry to the squeamish] cooked pigs blood - look it up on the net. It's much better than it sounds. It's basically a big sausage.

Ah, okay, thanks for the info. I think I'll have to take a pass on that one. It might be good, but just the thought of what's in it would put me off.

I'll stick to mushrooms with other goodies.

Back
Top Bottom