Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Mackerel

Not my cup of tea. Not a fan of really oily fish, not even kingfish, aka king mackerel.

Our holiday with kids and grandkids 2 years ago, my wife bought all the wee ones fishing rods. We went to a wharf to fish. Granddaughter aged 7 was excited when she caught a herring but when it was landed and I cut its head off, she screamed bloody murder. I'm not going fishing sometime soon.

Russ

Well - our judge has allowed tuna as a substitute. :) We are pretty generous about substitutions in this Challenge as we do try to be inclusive where possible.

Fresh tuna it is then, might even be raw fresh tuna. Can you say spicy tuna roll, tuna tataki or poke?

IMG_0934.JPG

Its not a recipe - just a photo of smoked mackerel with toast. A hearty breakfast this morning before setting off. Appologies for the quality of the photo - I have no editing facilities at the moment.

I have a great recipe and a vacuum sealed mackerel in the garage refrigerator, but there's no way that I can make it this week. Working 12 hours every day. Maybe next week.

Back
Top Bottom