CookingBites Recipe Challenge Rules Revision

What limit would you think sensible?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I´m new here, and one of the things I wondered about was: suppose there are 20 participants in the challenge and each posts 6 recipes? That´s 180 recipes the poor judge has to sift through! That might not be the case, of course, there were only 50 this time, but that´s a heck of a lot of work for one judge.
That's a possibility, of course, but highly unlikely, given the history we've had with challenges here. We'll cross that bridge if we ever come to it. :)

I don´t expect the poor judge to make all the recipes and try them, but I wonder whether it´s asking to much for the judge to add a brief description of WHY he/she decided on the winner.
The judge is free to be as verbose as they like in naming their winning entry. Some like to do the Honorable Mentions/Semi-finals list, some like to cut right to the winner. Some like to give great detail, and others not so much. It's generally up to the judge and their personality.

I'd suggest, in response to both your queries, have a peek at a few of the last challenges, to get an idea of how different judges handle the task. It's fun to see the different approaches.

Back
Top Bottom