Create dessert recipe

PoppyNg

Über Member
Local time
9:26 PM
Hi

I am a patisserie student just started this course. I didnt know how to cook before. So i hope i can learn more from you guys :) . I will have a test with all the ingredients are given.

I need to create 3 plates dessert (same) With main component, accompaniment, sauce and garnish. A cupcake is not a dessert, nor is a piece of cake on a plate.

Ingredients list:

12 eggs
500g sugar
300g plain flour
250g butter
1 orange
250 dark chocolate
100g natural yogurt
200g cream
100g icing sugar
100g ground hazelnuts

anyone have any idea with these ingredients ? Im still thinking and have no idea what to make :(

Thank you so much

How about a souffle, accompanied by a chocolate and orange sauce, maybe some sort of frozen yoghurt and hazelnut crumb as garnish?

That is crying out to be an orange meringue with a homemade hazelnut crust. A hazelnut frozen yoghurt ice-cream, with a chocolate & orange sauce drizzled over it. And you could follow the theme with chocolate drizzled over the top of the meringue.

You would need to be creative, but the recipe for Lemon Meringue is attached.
So substitute the cornflour for a tiny amount of flour. The lemon for orange, and reserve some of the orange zest/peel because you can use that as a theme and garnish, plus you'll want a little of the zest for the sauce. Some of the ground hazlenuts should be reserved for the yoghurt but most would find their way into homemade hazelnut & standard flour shortcrust pastry.

The icing sugar would be used instead of the caster sugar, but reserve a little for sweetening both the frozen yoghurt/ice cream and the chocolate sauce.

I'm not thinking full sized meringues here. Individual ones strike me as better, but I am at a loss as to all of those eggs. My only thoughts would be a homemade chocolate custard to add to chocolate sauce or instead of?

Attachments

• Lemon Meringue Pie (2).jpg
    Lemon Meringue Pie (2).jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 281
That is crying out to be an orange meringue with a homemade hazelnut crust. A hazelnut frozen yoghurt ice-cream, with a chocolate & orange sauce drizzled over it. And you could follow the theme with chocolate drizzled over the top of the meringue.

You would need to be creative, but the recipe for Lemon Meringue is attached.
So substitute the cornflour for a tiny amount of flour. The lemon for orange, and reserve some of the orange zest/peel because you can use that as a theme and garnish, plus you'll want a little of the zest for the sauce. Some of the ground hazlenuts should be reserved for the yoghurt but most would find their way into homemade hazelnut & standard flour shortcrust pastry.

The icing sugar would be used instead of the caster sugar, but reserve a little for sweetening both the frozen yoghurt/ice cream and the chocolate sauce.

I'm not thinking full sized meringues here. Individual ones strike me as better, but I am at a loss as to all of those eggs. My only thoughts would be a homemade chocolate custard to add to chocolate sauce or instead of?
Thank you so much for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom