Creative chicken dishes

Jessi

Veteran
Local time
5:56 AM
My partner loves chicken. Specifically, he likes chicken breasts....not anything with bones, no wings, no dark meat, etc. I feel like I'm buying chicken breasts like they're going out of style.

Truth is, though, I'm sick of chicken breasts, heh. I usually use the meat in various dishes like chicken alfredo and other pasta dishes. Sometimes I'll do stirfrys or fajitas, etc. I rarely just cook the breasts by themselves because he seems to like it better in dishes instead.

So do you have any really good or creative dishes you can recommend that use chicken? Chicken doesn't necessarily have to be the highlight of the dish and pretty much every other ingredient is fair game (including other meats like bacon).

Any thoughts?

Chicken Kiev - it's basically a breaded and stuffed chicken breasts that has a filling of butter and parsley and some other stuff. When you cut the chicken open, the butter sauce pours out and you dip the chicken in it. Or along similar lines...

Chicken Cordon Bleu - stuff the chicken with ham, swiss and dijon mustard then secure it with a toothpick and bread it and fry it (you may need to finish it in the oven). If you don't want to go through the trouble of stuffing it, you could perhaps layer the ingredients on top of the fried chicken breast and broil it until the cheese melts over it.

Chicken Pad Thai - Basically a stir fried chicken with vegetables in a spicy sweet & sour sauce with peanuts over rice noodles.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps - similar to those served at PF Changs. The website FoodWishes.blogspot.com recently posted a recipe for this. It calls for chicken thighs but you could use chicken breasts instead. You finely chop the chicken, some water chestnuts and mushrooms and saute along with some seasonings, soy sauce and rice vinegar and brown sugar.

Someone else posted about an apricot chicken dish on here and it sounds delicious so check that out. Things I make are:
- Chicken and broccoli bake in a mushroom sauce
- sweet chilli chicken wraps with salad and soured cream/ guacamole
-Chicken stuffed with soft cheese and wrapped in streaky smoked bacon
- Chicken and mushroom pancakes
-Chicken, apple and walnut salad
- Traditional roast chicken dinner
- Chicken curry (lots of variations of this

Back
Top Bottom