Crisp or soft salad leaves?

Me too - its one of my favourite leaves. There is nothing quite like leaves eaten within hours of picking. I used to live near Alresford in Hampshire, known as the UK watercress capital. It even has a Watercress Line steam railway and there is an annual Watercress Festival in May. The festival features a watercress eating competition!

View attachment 23914

Water cress is very popular here with Maori. Pork bones and puha its called here.

Russ

Belgian endive - in a salad with figs, apples or pears. Or, filling the cup-like leaves w bleu cheese, apples, walnuts etc. - as an appetizer.

Potstickers are one of many dumplings found on Dim Sum menus. They are one of my favorites. We often use bibb lettuce for "wraps" instead of bread for our meatballs made for Banh Mi.

Me too - its one of my favourite leaves. There is nothing quite like leaves eaten within hours of picking. I used to live near Alresford in Hampshire, known as the UK watercress capital. It even has a Watercress Line steam railway and there is an annual Watercress Festival in May. The festival features a watercress eating competition!

View attachment 23914

That's pretty amazing!

Back
Top Bottom