Cucumber sandwich

elles-belles

Veteran
Local time
6:09 AM
This is an easy to make sandwich and very delicious as well. I have to admit it is not my own creation, credit goes out to a dear friend and step brother of mine Gary and his lovely wife Mpho. Here's how you make it:

You need wholewheat bread, butter or margarine which ever you prefer and of course a cucumber.
Toast your slices of bread and smear the butter on the toast, cut up as much cucumber as you would like and place the slices on the bread, sprinkle your favorite seasoning on it and you are ready to enjoy an easy, affordable and very healthy cucumber sandwich.

Go on, try it.

I find I have such a hard time eating cucumber even in my salads. I know the health benefits but somehow I just don't gravitate towards cucumber. The one time I will eat it is when it's prepared as a pickle where I add some salt, pepper, lime and some grated onions. Outside of that if it's very thinly sliced I have it in a sandwich with tomatoes and other vegetables.Now that you have introduced the cucumber sandwich I might just try it.

I love cucumber sauces for some reason. The fine chopped cucumber with a bit of mayo etc and a few seasonings. That's my favorite way to eat cucumbers. But I will admit that during the growing season, when those first few fresh cucumbers are ready to pick... I've eaten my fair share of cucumber sandwiches! Thanks for the reminder on how good they are! - Kent

I've heard of people thinly slicing cucumbers, then sprinkling Morton's Seasoned Salt on them, and eating them as a snack, in place of potato chips. I tried it a couple times and it was a lot better tasting than I expected.

One of my favorite ways to prepare cucumber, and this would probably work great in a sandwich as well, is to toss the sliced cucumber with sour cream, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and some fresh chopped dill. The creamy dill dressing is fantastic with the cool cucumbers.

Jimmy Johns also uses fresh cucumbers on their veggie sandwich, which is a nice change of pace from the typical pickles you would normally expect instead.

Many years ago when I worked as a line cook at TGI Fridays, we would make a grilled chicken wrap that also had diced cucumber in it, along with diced tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, lettuce and a sundried tomato mayo. It was all wrapped up in a grilled pita bread and was fantastic.

Cucumber just has a fresh and tasty feel to it! I do love incorporating it into my food or even eating it on it's own. That wrap sounds delicious and very filling, I enjoy pitas a whole lot especially wrapped up in grilled pita bread, it just makes the taste that much more fantastic. The flavors wrapped up in there all just come out to play and mix so well together! So yummy! Thanks for sharing, you reminded me of my wrap eating days.

I love cucumbers and eat this in many ways....I always used it together when I am blending apples, kiwi, pineapple and carrots and I drink it every morning one to two hours before I had my breakfast. I also used this when I am making my side dish for my grilled pork... slice cucumber with a dressing of apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper..For making my vegetables salad I also use cucumbers...And for my cucumber sandwich what I usually do is...I grate the cucumber, put some mayo, a little dash of salt and pepper and stir fried corned beef and mix them together and spread it on a toast bread.. It is so delicious!

Cucumber and Marmite is a good sandwich, if you like Marmite.

Cheese and cucumber is good, as is salmon and cucumber.

I sowed some cucumber seeds this morning. Never tried growing them before.

Cucumber and Marmite is a good sandwich, if you like Marmite.

Cheese and cucumber is good, as is salmon and cucumber.

I sowed some cucumber seeds this morning. Never tried growing them before.

:ohmy: :stop: :facepalm:

I have always enjoyed cucumber sandwiches and do have them quite often, especially when cucumbers are in season. I also love radish sandwiches which aren't for everyone but I do like something a bit hot in my sandwich. I wonder how cucumber and radish would taste together. I will have to give that a try in the summer when all the veggies are fresh :)

All these great ways to eat cucumbers, I always just chopped it up and put it in a salad. I never thought of different ways to eat it. We do slice and eat often, it never makes its way to the salad. I did have a wrap that had chopped cucumber in with the mixings I enjoyed the combination. I will have to try the cucumber sandwich, I have had the thought people really eat cucumber in a sandwich, really?

Back
Top Bottom