Cucumber sandwich

Also, it depends what effect you want.

For a dainty 'more tea vicar?" traditional sandwich, I'd use thin sliced white bread with thinly sliced cucumber.

But cut everything more chunky, with granary bread, and you get an entirely different effect!

Also, it depends what effect you want.

For a dainty 'more tea vicar?" traditional sandwich, I'd use thin sliced white bread with thinly sliced cucumber.

But cut everything more chunky, with granary bread, and you get an entirely different effect!

Very thin and on white bread is the correct way.

I've always added a few tomato slices,strips of lettuce and chicken breast with lots of mayo to my cucumber sandwich and the taste is just divine.

Many times ago I was working in a well known London hotel and we had to take turns in making the sandwiches for afternoon teas and what intrigued me the most through my bored day was the bread came in from the bakers sliced length ways ,for ease and speed of making said cucumber sarnies

I've been dealing with a lot of different infused waters as of late. Cucumber is one of them. I love the crunch & flavour so that's perfect for a sandwich. Especially tea sandwiches. Made for them.

Growing up I often ate cucumber sandwiches because we had a huge garden and cucumbers were readily available. I just preferred cumcumbers with a little salt on some fresh made bread. It was delicious.

When I met my partner he introduced me in a cucumber and cheddar sandwich which was awesome. You take two pieces of bread spread mayo on them, then you top it with cucumbers and some slices of old or extra old cheddar cheese. Add some sea salt and pepper and it is ready to enjoy. It is really quite tastey.

I would substitute mayonnaise for the butter. Delicious. I find cucumber adds a lot to freshen up a sandwich. I'll add it to turkey or ham, pickles, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom