Curious about Frys

BeeMee

Veteran
Local time
9:03 PM
I was wondering if anybody else here uses their line of vegetarian and vegan products. Since I became a veggie ten years ago it's all I've used - although I did recently try Quorn, which was lovely, although slightly more expensive.

Over the years I've learned to become quite the amateur chef when it comes to their products, and know some tricks on how to get the best out of them. Such as my favourite and most indulgent breakfast - scrambled eggs with sliced polony, chili flakes and a tiny bit of cheddar cheese. Pair that with some toast with apricot jam and you've got yourself a rather nice contrast of sweet, savoury and spicy.

My long-suffering mother has even more experience cooking with it than me, and if there are any of you interested in hearing about a few more recipes I'd love to share some of those.

That's them, yup. I live in South Africa and until recently theirs has been the only range of vegetarian food available.

Also, that's amazing, 30 years?! Congratulations. You have my deepest respect for showing that kind of dedication. I tried vegan as well, but only lasted about 6 months.

I've only been a vegetarian for a few years. Like BeeMee, I've tried being vegan but I only lasted a few months as well. I've never heard of this company either. But I was just browsing the site. I buy a lot of similar products from President's Choice (which is a widely available Canadian brand.) But they don't have curry pies, which sounds really good.

Oooooh, yeah, their pies are wonderful. I particularly like the curry, myself. Word of warning though, if you get some, is that when you bake them in the oven be careful of them not cooking through. Although our oven works perfectly well, the bottom of the pies always comes out soggy. So we simply flip it over and cook it for another two or three minutes.

I am vegan and have been for 10 years. I have used Frys products before. They are imported here to Ghana. We have the South African store Shoprite here. I like their Schnitzel, chik'n patties, vegan hot dogs, and their strips. I use them sparingly because the sodium is quite high in some products. But, I think they have a pretty good quality.

Back
Top Bottom