Dairy Free Birthday Treats

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
4:04 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
Last year we had booked a table at a vegan/vegetarian restaurant, the closest one to us which was over an hours drive away. We never made it because the motorway ground to a half, that halt with no oncoming traffic that tells you you are going nowhere. We had to ring them, they knew about the motorway problems, we were not the only affected guests, but the motorway had been closed due to pedestrians walking on it! :mad:

So this year we had thought we would try again but had not booked the table. It was probably a good thing. On the 5th November I severely ruptured a disk in my spine leaving me with a partially paralysed leg and in agony. I was operated on less than 3 weeks ago, so we would never have made the meal even if everything had gone well with the op and recovery. It didn't and I can only shot up for around 10-15 minutes and it takes me 20 minutes to walk 150m twice a day with the aid of crutches.

So, not the best photo in the world but today was a special day today and sometimes it is really difficult to get something nice for that day when you are severely allergic to dairy products.

So we have praline almond ice cream, fresh soya cream, raspberries and olive oil chocolate cake (incidentally gluten free as well, not that I need it but...)

DSC_0035.jpg

He's a sweetie really and we celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary a few days ago as well!

Back
Top Bottom