Dame Mary Berry

Indeed. She is what is called a 'national treasure'. I have mixed views about her though I can't argue with the accuracy of her recipes.

I've watched several episodes of some of her shows, and I really should like her, in that she's calm and straightforward, no kitsch or outlandishness going on, but there's just something about her that doesn't work for me, and I don't know what it is.

Regardless, congratulations to her, that's quite an achievement, and I wish her well.

I've heard her name before, but had no idea who she was... and still don't know anything other than what I've read in this thread. But, I guess congratulations are in order. So, congratulations.

CD

Is that not a prerequisite of getting a title ? I remember a spat about her anti feminist stance is that what your commenting on ?

I think it goes a bit further than that and I heard she is also pro capital punishment. This might, of course, be hearsay. I shouldn't really have said anything without evidence.

I think it goes a bit further than that and I heard she is also pro capital punishment.
Thankfully the UK has representative Parliamentary Democracy so the chances of capital punishment being reinstated are virtually nil. If Parliament ever was stupid enough to pass another law to allow a referendum on CP I would put money on 60/70% of the Great British public would be for bringing back the noose.

Last edited:
Thankfully the UK has representative Parliamentary Democracy so the chances of capitol punishment being reinstated are virtually nil. If Parliament ever was stupid enough to pass another law to allow a referendum on CP I would put money on 60/70% of the Great British public would be for bringing back the noose.

Generally against CP, maybe for Child/police killings

Back
Top Bottom