Legendary Member
Local time
2:29 PM
How does your date nights usually go. This is ours

20180210_153358.jpg
20180210_160859.jpg
20180210_155441.jpg

We save up and go to high end places.

Same here - although I've discovered that Michelin starred restaurants often do fantastic lunch time deals. Last summer I ate in Birmingham at Michen starred Purnell's - £40 for 3 courses with 'amuse bouche' in between courses. Fabulous! Same dishes as are on the à la carte menu.

I mentioned in another thread that we have gotten out of the habit of date night. Last week we were running errands and stopped for dinner. A less than stellar restaurant choice. The food was OK. The service was mediocre. The Martinis were the worst we have ever had. We did speak to the manager about the drinks. We received platitudes but no replacement drinks and no offer to remove the drinks from the bill. SOOO - we will not return to that restaurant.

A weekly date night is my new agenda. Dinner out or a movie or turning off the TV and working on a puzzle or playing Cribbage. When the weather warms there will be weekly "street dances" on Thursday and Friday evenings. Something we have not done in several years. We can use a change.

We save up and go to high end places. I don't intend to walk away with out spending several hundred. We do this 2-3 times a year. I don't mind spending $$$$ for great food and service! We are going to a place called "The Cook and Cork" tomorrow.

We date night at least once a week. Were really lucky that in our smallish town we have some really good places to eat at. They fit what my wife and I are seeking out for a regular date night place. We more save up to hit a nice summer vacation spot. Last year we stayed in Aspen park Colorado at a house in the mountains. We did a ton of hiking, eating, and drinking. This year were hitting the Grand Canyon, next year maybe Mexico and Alaska :)

A weekly date night is my new agenda. Dinner out or a movie or turning off the TV and working on a puzzle or playing Cribbage. When the weather warms there will be weekly "street dances" on Thursday and Friday evenings. Something we have not done in several years. We can use a change.

Our kids are all adults and mostly out of the house so we can go out whenever we want. Even when they were young we always tried to do something together. We sincerely enjoy each others company. Its a fantastic thing I stumbled onto 29 years ago :)

If you can get back into the routine of "date nights" I highly recommend it.

@detroitdad

In Spain, the bars & restaurants, outdoor cafés & bistrós are packed full and require reservations. We have special heating lamps called " Mushroom Lamp Heaters" which warm the outdoor sidewalk or garden or beach front "terraces" where we mingle ..

This is Spanish culture ..

Date night, as you call it ..

We call it, " Tapeo " or a tapas crawl in English ..

We do it with Friends, as a couple, with our parents, and our grand parents and our twin sons & daughter in laws, and also with our grand children too ..

AAFRANCESCATAPASCAFEOUTDOORS20171215_134636.jpg

It is seasonally cold here but no snow .. That would not stop Spaniards ! We would just go indoors !

Ha Ha ..

Back
Top Bottom