deep frying pizza dough? :)

Morvack

Veteran
Local time
11:11 PM
Hello. I have stumbled across something awesome, even though it goes against traditional Italian cooking. I deep fried home made pizza dough! It was absolutely amazing. I put some maple syrup on it and really enjoyed.

kind of a funny story on how I came across it. I originally wanted to make home made pizza. It wasn't going too well. The heat was too low, I probably didn't use the right tomatos for sause, the cheese wouldn't melt, just everything going wrong. I had some spare dough, and I had been messing around with fried dough a few days earlier. So I said "hey, what the heck. Why not?" . I fired up my deep fryer and put the dough in. Just from the color it turned while cooking, I could tell I stumbled on something amazing.

So, anyone else do something not traditional with pizza Ingredients? To horrible or amazing result? :D

I've had fried dough once at a Little Italy food fair and the sound of it is enough to give you a heart attack, when you see them making it, but is is quite nice. I only had a couple of pieces because you have to eat them hot and with a little sugar on, but I only ate it as my cousin bought some. It's not something I would make either as it's very heavy and not that nutritious.

Hello. I have stumbled across something awesome, even though it goes against traditional Italian cooking. I deep fried home made pizza dough! It was absolutely amazing. I put some maple syrup on it and really enjoyed.

kind of a funny story on how I came across it. I originally wanted to make home made pizza. It wasn't going too well. The heat was too low, I probably didn't use the right tomatos for sause, the cheese wouldn't melt, just everything going wrong. I had some spare dough, and I had been messing around with fried dough a few days earlier. So I said "hey, what the heck. Why not?" . I fired up my deep fryer and put the dough in. Just from the color it turned while cooking, I could tell I stumbled on something amazing.

So, anyone else do something not traditional with pizza Ingredients? To horrible or amazing result? :D
I have never deep fried my pizza dough, but I may give it a try, even though I'm sure it is not the choice for good health. I eat healthy most of the time and this would be one of those indulging moments for me.

Back
Top Bottom