Deep frying trick ?

Roger Burton

Local time
9:56 PM
Website
www.rogerburton.co.uk
Hi chaps, haven't tried this yet but could find no reference to it on-line, is this such a bad idea ? when I deep fry chips are OK but a piece of battered fish generally (despite lowering it in gently) often sinks to the bottom of the basket and gets stuck ... what about lining it with foil ?
IMG_2927.jpeg

It might, I'll give it a go ... can't be worse than sticking to the basket ! Thanks Sarana ... keep well.
Grazie Roger,
I fine just my Luca in the hospital with virus. Other worry if foil break up, may be find non stick tin that same size as basket so it sit in bottom.

Sarana x

If you lower most of it into the hot oil while safely holding an end out with battered fingers for just a little bit to let the batter partially set up, it won't stick.
DITTO
Add the fish to the hot oil. The batter on your fingers helps protect them

If you lower most of it into the hot oil while safely holding an end out with battered fingers for just a little bit to let the batter partially set up, it won't stick.
This works for me, I find it's a lot easier if you make sure the oil is at the correct temperature, which is why my Thermapen is my best friend in the kitchen!

I have a Rotofry (De Longhi) which we hardly use but when we did, I would use the basket for chips but when frying battered items I just removed the basket. The fish could be removed with a large slotted spoon.

This. If you swish it back and forth a bit before letting go it will not stick.

Hi chaps, haven't tried this yet but could find no reference to it on-line, is this such a bad idea ? when I deep fry chips are OK but a piece of battered fish generally (despite lowering it in gently) often sinks to the bottom of the basket and gets stuck ... what about lining it with foil ?
View attachment 39913

I had same problem years ago. Now I take basket out, then lower fish in the frier, it rises up,and floats after a few seconds. I leave until it's half cooked then lift it with a slotted spoon, leave to drain on a rack. Then when ready to cook I put it in the basket. More manageable. I wouldn't try foil. My way works. I do it all the time.

Russ

View attachment 39913

Depends on what you're frying Even though that might work, it looks like a haven for sediment to collect there. :stop:

Back
Top Bottom