Desserts

sandra0530

Veteran
Local time
10:47 AM
What is your favorite dessert? Is there a favorite sweet treat you like to eat at a certain time of the year? (Christmas, Thanksgiving, ect) ?

My favorite dessert would definitely be ice cream with some cake on the side - any kind of cake, but fruit cake is my favorite. I am also a lover of cheesecake, and my niece makes a lovely cheesecake at Christmas time. My favorite ice creams are French Vanilla, Cherry Vanilla, and Maple Almond. I cannot leave out bread pudding, however. That also makes for a lovely dessert and I also enjoy making it. I like making anything with raisins as I find it adds to the flavor of the finished product.

My favorite dessert is definitely flan, although it's too rich for me to crave it regularly, so I tend not to. I'm not really that much into dessert, though, and this is certainly one of the few that I would go for anyway whenever it's available.

I have a big sweet tooth so they're not many desserts out there that I don't like! My favorite, though, is probably brownies with icecream. I'm getting quite a reputation in my family for the homemade cookies I bake so those are probably my favorite dessert to actually make myself.

I have a big sweet tooth so they're not many desserts out there that I don't like!

Same here. I couldn't pick a favorite! Sometimes I'd be in a mood for a cake or pastry, other times for a custard or mousse, something cold and sweet, something hot and sweet, a drink, something to chew, something creamy, something light, or...whatever something sweet.

Lately I've been a sucker for glutinous rice cakes, not the fluffy kinds. They remind me of gummy candies, which I'm always up for.

Sometimes...liiiike now right now... I crave moon cakes in the middle of July, which is neither Autumn Moon Festival time nor is it Chinese New Year time. Fortunately, I found a store that stocks them out of season but not stale.

I like a lot of things, I think my favorite cookie is a tie between oatmeal chocolate chip and chocolate chip bar cookies. The bar cookies are quick and easy so I make them often, but the oatmeal cookies require the big mixer to come out so that is a rare occasion. I also really like homemade brownies, sometimes I even add a scoop of ice cream on top.

My favorite dessert is a pie I made last night. It was a Banana Cream Pie with a graham cracker crust. My husband is a very honest and straight up kinda guy and he said "It was the best pie I've ever had, seriously" . & It was my first time making it. I will post the recipe later...

Oh man that is tough. That is like picking which lung you like the best, haha. I love almost every dessert, especially if chocolate is involved. My favorite dessert is actually from The Cheesecake Factor. It is Hershey Chocolate cheesecake. It is a mixture of cake and cheesecake with this to die for frosting. Mouth is watering thinking about it!

Back
Top Bottom