Did you get any food or cooking related gifts for Christmas?

Yes, I did get 2 cooking related gifts for Christmas. I got a very nice chip and dip set, and also some kitchen towels in some very attractive colours. I was especially appreciative of the kitchen towels. I don't know how soon I will be using the chip and dip set, but that would definitely come in handy if I had to be entertaining guests.

I got a flavored oil and dip set which was handy with a bottle of garlic oil and a chilli oil with some colorful dipping dishes too. Perfect as I love oils to add flavor without having to add salt and pepper. The dishes are also good for hummus or mayonnaise and imagine they will get used for snacks too.

This year I didn't get any food related items, other than a packet of 3 hot chocolate powder boxes. Sadly only one of them is dairy free despite being given to us by family who know I'm allergic to dairy, so my husband has taken them into work for general consumption. Otherwise we were given 2 mugs which we don't need or want or match our existing china, so they have also been quietly left at my husband's work place as well.

We received a zester. I've never really used a zester in any of my cooking or baking before so I'm not really sure what to make with it. I guess I'll have to start looking into more citrus based recipes, as far as I know zesters are good for that.

Back
Top Bottom