Different ways to use flaxseed

Local time
6:01 PM
I have often heard of the health benefits of flaxseed. Years ago I used to use this product in powdered form mainly on my cereals. I would sprinkle it on the cereal and mix it in. This would enhance the flavour of the cereal. Boiling the flaxseed in some water its original form, and then straining it off and drinking it, was another way we used flaxseed. Usually cinnamon would be added to this drink, and a little sugar if needed, to taste. These are the only 2 methods I have ever used to incorporate flaxseed into my diet. I am thinking of buying this product and using it again.

Do any of you have any other ideas or recipes in which flaxseed can be used?

I'm really interested in boiling the flaxseed and then drinking it after straining. I use flaxseed as an addition to my oatmeal and smoothies. I sprinkle it on top of my oatmeal and just throw some in the blender for the smoothies. I like flaxseed and try to incorporate it into as many meals as I can. once I mixed it in with some scrambled eggs and it tasted ok but the look of it wasn't quite so appetizing.

I usually sprinkle it over my oatmeal, and it's nice because flaxseed itself doesn't have a particular taste so it would go well with both salty and sweet oatmeal.

I've also heard of people putting flaxseed into their smoothies but I haven't tried that myself yet.

Back
Top Bottom