Difficulty loading pics.

SandwichShortOfAPicnic

Über Member
Local time
9:57 PM
The pics I load from my MacBook won’t display and don’t know why.

They are loading because if I double click the image reference it will allow me to download the pic from the forum so it displays.
Any ideas?
It looks like this. Sorry it’s grainy obviously I couldn’t upload a displayable screenshot from the MacBook 😂

IMG_0598.jpeg

How large, and what format are the images? I load images from my MacBook Pro all the time, and have no issues. I do reduce the sizes in Apple's basic "Preview" app, if they are just snapshots. I resize them to 72DPI and a maximum of 1200 pixels in either direction.

BTW, I just drag-and-drop images from my desktop to the post, or copy and paste. I don't use the forum's insert/attach files routine.

CD

The pics I load from my MacBook won’t display and don’t know why.

They are loading because if I double click the image reference it will allow me to download the pic from the forum so it displays.
Any ideas?
It looks like this. Sorry it’s grainy obviously I couldn’t upload a displayable screenshot from the MacBook 😂

View attachment 102728
That looks like an unrecognised file format to me. We don't support webp (yet). Jpeg is your best bet.

Have you tried copying and pasting?

This is a .webp image copied and pasted here.

1690011601477.png

The forum changes it to a .png image as it displays it. I know not why.

This is a .webp image copied and pasted here.
The forum changes it to a .png image as it displays it. I know not why.

We don't support webp (yet).

We do have software built in that converts some formats into more commonly recognised formats and also resizes automatically to meet forum sizing. It will slow the upload down :)rolleyes:) though using these options.
Uploads to the forum are much faster is you covert to jpeg and resize beforehand.

Uploads to the forum are much faster is you covert to jpeg and resize beforehand.

I try and use resized .jpegs all the time when uploading from my computer. In copying and pasting direct from another website the format is in God's hands.

We do have software built in that converts some formats into more commonly recognised formats and also resizes automatically to meet forum sizing. It will slow the upload down :)rolleyes:) though using these options.

I downsize my photos mostly to reduce the file size. I don't want to use any more space on the forum's server than I have to. It is harder to do in some formats than with others. Screen captures are hard to make small, for some reason -- they are PNG files. My camera and iPhone photos are a lot easier to get down to a reasonable file size, and still post a nice size image. My iPhone is set to save images as 72DPI JPG files, which I downsize to 1200 or less pixels in either direction, and I reduce my camera files to the same size in Photoshop.

CD

I downsize my photos mostly to reduce the file size. I don't want to use any more space on the forum's server than I have to. It is harder to do in some formats than with others. Screen captures are hard to make small, for some reason -- they are PNG files. My camera and iPhone photos are a lot easier to get down to a reasonable file size, and still post a nice size image. My iPhone is set to save images as 72DPI JPG files, which I downsize to 1200 or less pixels in either direction, and I reduce my camera files to the same size in Photoshop.

CD
If you watch the physical file size of uploads, you'll see that the server compresses them further. It's not a setting I can modify.

Back
Top Bottom