Recipe Dijon Apricot Chicken (Amazing!) and Cheesey Mashed Potato Dinner

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
9:35 AM
Website
www.jades-world.com
So I made some apricot chicken for dinner tonight, with some cheesey mashed potatos :D. I thought I would share.

1. You need some Dijon Mustard and Apricot Jam. I mix about half of each into a container.
o4oZI7h.jpg

nS2UDFr.jpg

l3q1dim.jpg

NT1sZXI.jpg

2. Prepare your oven tray, I like to make rolls of foil to help drain the fat off so the chicken isn't swimming in it :).
GHeA0cA.jpg

2. Start with some thawed chicken, and sprinkle salt and pepper on the bottom of it.
0I5fXZl.jpg

3. Coat the bottom with the Dijon Apricot sauce and place onto the oven tray right way up (sauce down).
2fapLUo.jpg

v895bFK.jpg

4. Sprinkle top with salt and pepper, then coat too and cook on 180-200 degrees celcius (until golden brown).
bJtruAk.jpg

4.5. Leave some sauce for later, when you check them you should add some more to each :).
u2QW4vM.jpg

5. Wash and peel (if you like them peeled) some potatoes, then dice.

sghDY2K.jpg

6. Add to a generous amount of rosemary. Cook!
EpyL91V.jpg

eHsKkIQ.jpg

7. Check your chicken, you may want to turn it over (optional).
1tiNA48.jpg

8. When potatoes are cooked add some butter, milk, and cheese to them. Just a hint of cheese is all we need.
BJW1l9u.jpg

9. I like to add some bush spice afterwards as it gives it as bit of zing :).
0jM3iUU.jpg

hvXgoFA.jpg

10. Serve and enjoy!
S9ZeE1F.jpg

k2ytPTv.jpg

I usually cook mine a lot more, but they were cooked through and we were starving! :wink:

Here's a picture of how I usually cook it:
10246285_782231338461734_2370588789560247601_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Images resized. FYI the forum allows for very wide images so if you want them to display at a smaller size you'll need to download and resize them, before using the upload button to insert them into your posts. Remotely hosted images (on a website somewhere) will display at whatever their original size is. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I love this flavor pairing, it's a great sweet and sour combo. I usually use this on pork loin roasts, and gradually keep painting on more and more layers of it as it cooks. I think the original recipe I came across for this called for a coarse spicy brown mustard, along with a little garlic powder, fresh ground black pepper, sea salt to taste, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Some recipes even call for a splash of soy sauce in it, though I usually don't add that. I also suggest dividing it into two portions if you are going to keep adding more and more of it to the meat as it cooks, so you aren't contaminating the cooked meat with marinade that touched it when it was raw.

Another sauce I've made with preserves which was pretty good on beef meatballs was simply mixing cocktail sauce with grape jam (to taste, you can add a little garlic powder as well to this) to make sweet & sour meatballs.

This sounds absolutely delicious and I love the pictures too. I am always looking for different ways of cooking chicken as it can be quite a bland meat on its own. I tend to make curries, kievs, chicken and broccoli bake or stir fry with chicken. Or, I make a roast dinner or chicken chips and salad. This is something that I am definitely going to give a go and my children love cheesy mashed potatoes with anything.

The bush spices give it a bit of a kick too, which brings out the cheese flavouring :wink:.

Using this sauce on pork is an interesting idea! I might have to try that, it does sound delicious!! :D I've never really been into marinades, they all sound awful...so I tend to only learn the ones I like ha ha.

That sounds delicious!!!! Thank you so much for posting this and for adding the pictures to it as well. I am sure that was quite time consuming. I love to see a recipe with pictures. It just gives you some clue to what things should actually look like. :)

I am pretty sure I have just about everything to make this for the weekend so this may be my challenge tomorrow. I love the ingredients and they are all things my kids like too.

Thanks so much for posting this one!!!

yummy!
Danyel :)

Actually it's the quickest meal I make. I mix the sauce, slather the chicken, put it in the oven, sit on my butt and check it every now and then LOL. It's a really easy and lazy meal!

Back
Top Bottom