Dining with the family

Nikkishea21

Local time
6:23 AM
I live alone and i can manage to help myself in the kitchen but during this time of the year i have to find myself back home with my folks. There is just something delectable about the taste of my mom's food that i just cant resist this time so i am looking forward to going and having a blast with them all.

Yes, it is best to spend Christmas time with the family. I think this is what Christmas is all about, giving and sharing, and getting together with family and friends. The best part of Christmas for me is when all the family meet together on Christmas day for lunch. It is really good fellowship. This is not something that people would do everyday, so doing it at Christmas time adds to the enjoyment of the season, since Christmas is a time of celebration. It is always nice to taste what others have cooked as well, while also letting them sample your cooking.

For me it's not really about the food, it's about being with people and enjoying talking and laughing together, sharing what God has done in our lives this year that we are grateful for. We always have good food though, our old family recipes are wonderful.

I really miss my grandma's cooking. She only ever cooked quite plain and traditionally English food, but it was always delicious. Even though I know exactly how she made her broth, I have never quite managed to get the same flavour as the one my grandma produced. My sister and I used to have a bowl of homemade crinkle cut chips at her house on a Friday afternoon before our dance class. Again, I cannot make them the same.

I really love eating food and spending time with my family at Christmas time. It is a good time of year to catch up and really just enjoy all of the blessings and being thankful that you do in fact have family to enjoy time with. We all cook together and you get to learn new things in the kitchen. I enjoy trying all of the new recipes that my family discovers during the year and shares with the rest of us.

I live alone and i can manage to help myself in the kitchen but during this time of the year i have to find myself back home with my folks. There is just something delectable about the taste of my mom's food that i just cant resist this time so i am looking forward to going and having a blast with them all.
Dining with the family is not fun for me anymore. I'm vegan and most of them don't even know what it is. We don't have the same interest in food like we use to.

In our country wherein closeness in the family is in our culture eating and dining together is being practice by most of us as a means to share bonding moments to each other. And in our family we also value this and we always dine together to eat.

We used to eat as a family whenever we could when we were younger, but these day we are less concerned about it as my dad has diabetes and has to eat when he needs to and my mum only wants to eat when she's hungry as she afraid of putting on weight. It is nice to eat together, but these days it's rare as people are so busy.

Back
Top Bottom