Dinnertime?

queenbellevue

Veteran
Local time
8:43 PM
So I was chatting with someone today, and we started talking about when people have dinner. It's soo weird to me when people have dinner any later than 7. I know a lot of Spanish people eat SUPER late, whereas my family eats at around 6:30pm.

When's your dinnertime?

Breakfast, lunch dinner. I don't like having dinner late at night. Usually no later than 6pm.

Last edited:
Unless we go out for dinner it's usually around 4pm, but we usually skip breakfast [except at weekends]. Just carries on from when I was at work I suppose and the demands of a 24hour standby rota meant mornings could be pretty tricky.

Unless we go out for dinner it's usually around 4pm, but we usually skip breakfast [except at weekends]. Just carries on from when I was at work I suppose and the demands of a 24hour standby rota meant mornings could be pretty tricky.

4pm for dinner? That's pretty early. Wouldn't you still be full from lunch? If my family ate at 4pm we'd need to have supper at like 9-10pm lol

Meal times are as per your life style ,I ride to work at 8am may have a small breakfast then ride home at 3pm so I have riden 30 plus miles I then eat at 4 then have to work again so light snack if needed at 10
But on days off brunch at 11 after a ride or walk , I fit food to what I am doing not what fits in with traditions , at one stage of my life I would have bf, lunch afternoon tea And toast then dinner at 7.30,

I usually have lunch around the middle of the day, somewhere between 12 noon and 1 p.m. This is the biggest meal of the day for me. I then have what we call supper around 7 p.m. at night, and this is usually a light snack like a cup of tea or a chocolate drink along with some sandwiches. Dinner for me would entail going out to a restaurant at night when a big meal is being served. This is the only time I would eat a large meal at night.

I have breakfast around 8am, lunch around noon, and then dinner at about 6:30 pm. I do not like to have late dinners because the food just kind of sits there in my stomach and there is not much I do to work off the calories. I have heard that some cultures eat dinner at around 10pm and that is just too late. I used to have Russian neighbors and it was not unusual to see them grilling their dinner outside in the late hours of the evening.

It is breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I like to have my dinner no later than 6:30pm, on the table not cooking it. Later than that my stomach is not happy, it seems that it is harder for me to digest the food and my stomach is heavy all night. I may have a snack like some yogurt and a cup of tea a little later around 8;30PM.

We eat late sometimes where I live. Some people will eat at 8 to 9 PM, maybe even later. Specially if you live in a very large town same as I do, getting home before 7 PM is a luxury, let alone have dinner by that time! With that said, I don't usually eat super late because I don't like that. So I will usually have eaten by around 8 PM.

12pm... :whistling:

breakfast, dinner, tea. I'm from up north where we name things differently!

I moved from Merseyside to Yorkshire a few years ago and I've never been able to get used to calling lunch "dinner". It still confuses me now.

Anyway, tea time is usually between 5-6 pm, depending on how long it takes to cook.

It is so funny, my one child, since he was around 1 year, whines, screams, gets miserable at exactly at 6:30pm, on the button, for years now. I can tell the clock by his behavior that it's 6:30 and time for dinner. We've done 6:30pm dinner for years now because of him!

I have breakfast around 8am, lunch around noon, and then dinner at about 6:30 pm. I do not like to have late dinners because the food just kind of sits there in my stomach and there is not much I do to work off the calories. I have heard that some cultures eat dinner at around 10pm and that is just too late. I used to have Russian neighbors and it was not unusual to see them grilling their dinner outside in the late hours of the evening.

If you were to go out to a restaurant at 10pm in Spain it would very likely be empty! Spaniards like to go out very late - I've left restaurants at midnight which are only just beginning to fill up.

We usually have our dinner at 6 PM. But since I am working, most of the time I cannot join my family so I have my dinner at around 8 or 9 PM. I usually cooked for myself if I cannot join them.

For most of my time growing up with my family, we ate breakfast at like 6:30am, lunch was around noon, then when I would get home from school, which was around 3:30-4:00pm, dinner would be ready for me. We didn't all eat dinner together, my mom would just cook it in advance and everyone would eat some as they came home from school or work. So dinner for me was usually around 4:00. Of course I would also end up having some sort of snack between dinner and bed time as well. I quickly became aware that my family ate dinner much earlier than most of my friends families did, but our family tended to get up a few hours earlier than them too and went to bed sooner as well. My friends families would scramble out of bed like 10 minutes before they had to be at work or school and scarf down some cereal along the way, if anything, then when they would get home they would eat dinner about two hours later than us, but they would also stay up till midnight - whereas we were all usually in bed by 9 or 10pm.

Back
Top Bottom