Dish for the next Cookalong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ravioli has had the most votes - so ravioli it shall be. I'll run this for three weeks to allow a bit more time for members to cookalong and experiment. I'll start the new thread later. Thanks everyone!

I have to say I have some optimism about this - not particularly about how well I will do, but about how interesting it is going to be to see the different dishes people come up with under the broad banner 'ravioli'.

I wonder how many of us have pasta machines? Not that its essential....

I do but due to the nature of my kitchen counter top there is only one place it fits which is not very convenient as that particular bit of counter doesn't really have enough space for rolled pasta sheets.

I wonder how many of us have pasta machines? Not that its essential....

I do but due to the nature of my kitchen counter top there is only one place it fits which is not very convenient as that particular bit of counter doesn't really have enough space for rolled pasta sheets.

Well, if people want to participate without making their own pasta, most supermarkets these days sell fresh lasagne sheets, you could use those. All I can say is I was really daunted about having a go at making my own pasta until I tried it and quite quickly learned how to do it reasonably at least.

Well, if people want to participate without making their own pasta, most supermarkets these days sell fresh lasagne sheets, you could use those. All I can say is I was really daunted about having a go at making my own pasta until I tried it and quite quickly learned how to do it reasonably at least.

Its much easier than a lot of people think - the pasta making. At its simplest its flour, egg, water mixed and kneaded and rolled thin. Simple as that! Ravioli is a bit trickier and I don't think I've really done it well in the past. But now is my chance to practice!

Its much easier than a lot of people think - the pasta making. At its simplest its flour, egg, water mixed and kneaded and rolled thin. Simple as that! Ravioli is a bit trickier and I don't think I've really done it well in the past. But now is my chance to practice!
The problem might be the space to roll it out.
I was thinking of Shermie's 1920's inspired kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom