Do you add hot sauce to your meals?

Local time
6:25 AM
Do you like to add hot sauce to most of your meals before you eat them? I have some friends and family members who would not eat a meal without first adding some hot sauce to it. I do not use hot sauce on a regular basis. If my meal is already cooked with a little pepper, either cayenne pepper or red pepper, I see no need to add hot sauce. However, there are a few times that I have added hot sauce and I found that it enhanced the flavour of the meal.

Hot sauce does have a measure of salt in it also, and that only adds more salt to the meal, so that is also one of the reasons why I refrain from using it.

I add a few drops of Tabasco sauce to my beans usually. My latest pot tuned out to be a combination I didn't care for too much, so the hot sauce really helps give it some flavor and kind of covers up the "blah" aspect. I switched to Tabasco because it is so strong the little bottle will last me a very long time. I estimate I will be saving about $40 on salsa or more by using that instead.

I don't tend to use sauces added to the meal after cooking it, either hot or other sauce options. I put all my flavour into the cooking as I am making it. I do have a jar of chilli sauce in my cupboard, but I usually use this to marinade meat in before cooking it. For example, I make sticky sweet chilli chicken with roasted peppers, onions and courgettes.

I love hot sauce especially Sriracha! :P I put it everywhere. Sometimes, adding a drop of hot sauce to ramen can really make a lot of difference. :D

Do you like to add hot sauce to most of your meals before you eat them? I have some friends and family members who would not eat a meal without first adding some hot sauce to it. I do not use hot sauce on a regular basis. If my meal is already cooked with a little pepper, either cayenne pepper or red pepper, I see no need to add hot sauce. However, there are a few times that I have added hot sauce and I found that it enhanced the flavour of the meal.

Hot sauce does have a measure of salt in it also, and that only adds more salt to the meal, so that is also one of the reasons why I refrain from using it.
I use to use hot sauce, but now I make it myself using natural ingredients. It taste so much better made at home!

If I'm eating some kind of meat I will add hot sauce. Usually sriracha or another that I like which is a chili garlic sauce. I don't like to overwhelm my food with spiciness but a little bit just to add some heat is nice. I also like to add extra when I'm sick because it helps clear my sinuses.

I definitely use a lot of hot sauce. I just love spicy food and the flavor hot sauce can add. Tobasco and Tapatio are my top two favorites!

I just don't think my meals would be the same without adding some hot sauce to my dishes; it's more like i'm addicted to spicy foods even though at times it gives me a slight indigestion...at times i even add some cayenne pepper to my hot milk.

Yes, I use it quite often. In fact, I have a huge bottle of Tapatio hot sauce in my fridge right now. I love it on eggs in the morning, such as fried eggs or over an omelette. But I would not recommend adding it into scrambled eggs while you are scrambling them because the vinegar in it will make the eggs curdle and look and taste unpleasant. I also add some generous dashes of it to home fries when I am making a big pan of those in the morning too. Adds a nice golden amber hue to them and a nice peppery kick which cuts through the oil and butter I am frying them in.

When I am making ground beef taco meat, which I usually just use ground beef, fresh onions, and some cans of El Pato spicy tomato sauce, I will also add some dashes of Tapatio to it for extra heat if I am in the mood.

It's great on grilled chicken too. I mix it with some garlic infused oil and brush the chicken breasts with it before seasoning and throwing on the grill.

Noooooooooo! It drives me crazy when people do that. Why even bother to have anything different to eat if you are just going to put hot sauce on everything? It's almost like people who automatically salt their food before they even taste it. Ugh! Not only that, I can't stand the smell of hot sauce. Some of it makes me nauseated.

I love hot sauce! I make my own, from homegrown chillies and I add it to some meals either as an ingredient, or served on the side. I don't add it to everything - some things just weren't meant to be hot, but I do use it a lot.

Back
Top Bottom