Do you cook a full breakfast on a weekend

Almost never. It's mostly thanks to my habit of sleeping in extremely late, and being extremely lazy on the weekends. I do love making extensive dinners/lunches whenever I have time though.

I'm really lazy in the mornings especially on weekends so I really prefer to have simple breakfasts like sandwiches or cereals with milk, fruit and yogurt. If I have the energy i would probably make poached eggs with sausages.

I am so not a breakfast person. On the other hand hubby is a breakfast person and would eat a full blown breakfast 7 days a week if he could. He actually cooks us breakfast every weekend. I try to eat it most of the time... sometimes I just cannot bring myself to do it.

I sometimes just eat plain low-fat yogurt with fresh fruit and a hard boiled egg with salt and pepper for breakfast. It is probably the one of the healthier ways that I eat breakfast and sometimes I just eat oatmeal with muesli and yogurt and a fruit juice.

I make a full breakfast just about every day. For me, it's important to ease into the day and take a few minutes to prepare breakfast. I can't jump out of bed and be running out the door in 10 minutes, just to squeeze in an extra 30 min of sleep. It's not worth it, and I end up forgetting important things. As I'm making breakfast, I have some time to actually wake up and go over what I need to take care of that day.

That said, even something like Eggs Benedict can be made relatively quick (once you get the water boiling to poach the eggs). Having worked in restaurants when I was younger, if I could knock these things out during a busy breakfast/brunch rush, there is no reason I can't cook these things for myself as well in the morning.

My current favorite are sausage egg and cheese breakfast burritos. When I have a bunch of fresh jalapenos I am trying to use up, I will toss them in with the sausage while it is cooking. Otherwise I will add some jarred salsa to the burritos.

Back
Top Bottom