Do you cook a full breakfast on a weekend

With mine and my family's busy weekends we never seem to breakfast together,last weekend I cooked breakfast for my eldest and 6 of his mates who stayed over and it's just nice and relaxed,when we are all off we go out for breakfast ,most weeks I do breakfast on Saturday morning for staff so about 10 of us sit down,again it's relaxed

I don't cook as usually I go out for breakfast or brunch with my family (dad, grandparents, aunt and uncle or mom and stepdad) on weekends. However, usually I'll order quite a substantial breakfast, the "vegetarian breakfast" I normally order consists of spinach, mushrooms, toast, cooked tomato and potato hash. Or I'll order grilled Halloumi on toast or corn fritters and salad.

My stepdad however, is from the UK and always orders a full English breakfast Growing up he used to make everyone one on a Sunday, although of course he would substitute the meat for vegetarian options for me. :)

Another good breakfast meal to make that is great is the breakfast bake. You put your favorite breakfast items together and bake in the oven. I use potatoes, sausage and/or bacon (must cook prior to putting in the bake) mushrooms and a little cheese. Add eggs and mix together, (Add a little flour to make more if needed) Add seasoning and bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes. (make sure eggs are done). I make gravy to put over the bake, it's the way my husband likes it. Depending on how much you make, you can feed quite a few people.

I like making a bacon and egg breakfast, sometimes with potatoes and/or toast, but only when either my roommate is around or I'm staying at my boyfriend's place. I love breakfast, but it's too much trouble just to make for myself. I'll just as easily skip it.

Sometimes I make pancakes instead, especially if I am not at home and can't get the good bacon from my local butchers.

Cooking a full breakfast on a weekend is still traditional here in the UK but time has moved on and a lot of people are watching what they eat so a full breakfast is not as popular as it used to be. Do you still cook a full breakfast on a weekend as a treat?

I'll make a little bit bigger breakfast on the weekend often (but not always.) I may make cinnamon rolls as a special treat or biscuits and gravy. The big breakfast is great every now and again, but as you stated, it's not the healthiest food option.

Another good breakfast meal to make that is great is the breakfast bake. You put your favorite breakfast items together and bake in the oven. I use potatoes, sausage and/or bacon (must cook prior to putting in the bake) mushrooms and a little cheese. Add eggs and mix together, (Add a little flour to make more if needed) Add seasoning and bake in the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes. (make sure eggs are done). I make gravy to put over the bake, it's the way my husband likes it. Depending on how much you make, you can feed quite a few people.
That sounds good. I would definitely make that, but without the mushrooms.

To be honest, the only time I cook a full English is when we have visitors, or about once a month we'll have it as our main meal of the day in the evening. Sometimes we'll have a bacon or sausage sandwich, or maybe eggs or beans on toast for breakfast, but we haven't done big breakfasts in years. Apart from the healthy eating aspect, it's getting expensive to lay on a full English. It's actually often cheaper to eat it in a cafe, believe it or not.

I don't make or eat a big breakfast on the weekends. I sleep late on the weekends. I usually forgo breakfast for a big lunch.

Lately I have been eating a small breakfast on the weekends because I have been too tired to cook a big breakfast. Now I have to be in the mood for a big breakfast in order to cook one. That hasn't happened often though.

Generally speaking, I'm never really in the mood to cook the big breakfast. That is what prevents me from "eating" the big breakfast. :) So if we could get rid of this dad gummed fast food issue, we'd be a lot better off. :)

A full English breakfast is more like a lunch but I love it! .
Totally agree! When I was studying interior design in London, I loved those breakfasts because they allowed me to skip lunch and go around the city instead.

But back home, curiously I only cook full breakfast on weekend, because all other days I'm pretty busy and go for something simpler.

I absolutely do. And sometimes, I do so, too, during the weekdays (on occasions where I manage to wake up earlier). Pancakes with sausages, omelettes, or fritters do the trick. Although I am always looking for new recipes to try.

From time to time yes I do cook a full breakfast. Sometimes I really look forward to cooking a full blown meal. The rest of the week flies by in such a rush that it is nice to cook without being in a rush and actually sit down and enjoy a calm breakfast :)

I haven't been able to fix a full breakfast on the weekends. I have bwen working too much so I rarely have the time to cook.

I put more of an effort into making breakfast on a weekend, since I don't have classes and my boyfriend stays over. So we spend time cooking together. Otherwise I just resort to cereal, or not eating breakfast at all. I have an 8 a.m. class and I'd rather sleep more than wake up early to cook.

Back
Top Bottom