Do you cook the same meal on a particular day of the week?

pattyk

Veteran
Local time
9:19 AM
Sunday roast perhaps? I don't do this very often now, about once every 4-5 weeks. I make a curry most Saturday nights, and Friday is always fish night. The rest of the week I leave fairly open, but I sometimes think we eat more or less the same foods over and over. I'd really like to extend my repertoire for the coming year, and take on a few new challenges for during the week meals.

We're not fussy eaters, and we eat meat, fish, poultry, and everything else. The only thing we do fuss about is the quality of our food. Any suggestions for new and tempting dishes would be greatly appreciated.

I do not have any particular food that I cook on any particular day of the week. My cooking tends to be spasmodic. I generally have an idea about what I want to cook for the week, but it is not delegated to any particular day. Then again, I can change these ideas at any time. I know there are some people who have certain days for cooking certain things. However, I do not like being so regimental. I prefer to be flexible when it comes to cooking. When I go grocery shopping, I tend to buy food that would cover a week, and I would buy certain types of foods on a regular basis. Sunday is the only day that I do not vary the cooking too much, but still it is not usually identical to the Sunday before, just kind of similar.

I tend to buy what is on sale at the grocery store each given week and so there are no specific foods for days of the week for me either. If chicken is on sale, we are eating a lot of that one week, and the same goes for other meats. at least 3 times a month, Friday night is pizza night in our house because I do not feel like cooking at all and it is easy to order in a pizza. My parents have grilled cheeseburgers and an ice cream sundae every Friday night and so my kids love to go visit their house during the summer.

Well in my home it's sort of a tradition to cook soups on Saturdays with lots of meat,peas,pumpkin,corns,dumplings and vegetables;it's like Saturdays aren't the same if i don't make a big pot of soup.

I love making soup, but I find that it can turn into an all day venture. You have to get the meat and veggies together and add things to the pot at the right time depending on how long it will take each ingredient to cook. Soups are reserved for special days in my house. Once in a blue moon I will make a pot of chicken noodle soup or something and everyone acts as it if it is a big treat.

No. In an answer.

We plan our meals out for a week and shop accordingly. We tend not to venture off the shopping list because of our financial situation. We don't plan to the point that this meal will be eaten on an Monday, but work with the fact that some of our planned meals don't have to be eaten as quickly as others, so anything involving something like kale or a vegetable that goes off very quickly will happen at the beginning of the week and something involving vegetables such as potatoes, leeks, aubergine etc get eaten at the end of the week. But there is no set 'it is Saturday lunchtime so we have to eat xyz' in this household.

As a rule we don't cook a certain meal on a particular day but I do make a bigger meal with all the trimmings on Sundays. Whether it is a roast or a chicken, I make sure there are lots of sides to go with it. And of course any of the leftovers get used up during the next week.

Back
Top Bottom