Do you drink whole milk or a plant-based alternative?

Do you drink whole milk or a plant-based alternative?

• Total voters
I switched to soy milk a long time ago. Not due to any allergies, though. I just wanted something healthier. Also, I find to better tasting than skim milk.

I try to avoid consuming too many soy products, so soy milk is off the table for me. I have tried almond milk, and like the taste of it. However it's cost and the vanilla flavor are kind of a deal breaker for me. If I am cooking something that calls for milk, and it's savory, like a cream sauce, I don't want a sweet vanilla taste in that. Also, I don't have any adverse reactions to dairy and in particular I love cheese, so I haven't really been compelled to go dairy free.

I was also interested to find out that whole milk is now supposedly considered healthier than skim milk. The reports I've been reading are mentioning that whole milk is high in omega 3's and something about skim milk having too much sugar in it or something like that. Or maybe the issue was, people were consuming too much of it since it was fat free that they were inadvertently getting too much sugar, whereas the whole milk would make you fuller with less of it, because it's so rich.

I'm not a big milk person. But when I do have some, it's almond milk and it's always in something like coffee or something I'm cooking. Don't really care for it plain. I've also made it numerous times in my vitamix which is super easy. We used to also buy coconut milk (in the cartons, not the can) to drink but it was only my hubby drinking it as the kids didn't care for it.

cows milk only goes into cups of tea these days. I much prefer soya milk for cereal and; very rare; drinking neat, the sweetness means no sugar on cereal too.

Back
Top Bottom