Do you eat beets?

True2marie

Veteran
Local time
6:14 PM
Beets are the one vegetable I really dislike. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to prepare them in a tasty way.

Do you eat beets? If so, how do you cook them?

beets1.jpg

I love beetroot (as they are known in the UK). Home grown is by far the best. I cook them one of 2 ways, either boil them and then eat them hot, or roast them in a hot oven - this brings out the sweetness in them.

I also used to grow them for their leaves which add flavour and colour to salads.

I honestly don't care for beets myself. My mother always makes them. Growing up, she would always encourage my sister and I to eat them. She grows them in her garden and usually boils them. I think they are a little bitter, but other than that I really don't think they have much taste. I think beets are perhaps an acquired taste. When I was visiting New Zealand, I ordered a cheeseburger at a restuarnt. It came with a pickled beat on top of it! I tried it, but it wasn't my favorite.

No, I hate beats! Surprisingly the only way I could ever eat them was mixing them in a "green juice".The juice obviously didn't turn out green in color, but it was one of those organic juices with a bunch of healthy things on it.

Back
Top Bottom