Do you eat natural peanut butter?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
3:49 AM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
I absolutely love the taste of peanut butter. On a typical day, I will have at least one serving of peanut or almond butter. However, there are a lot of conflicting studies done on whether or not peanut butter is healthy. Obviously any types with added hydrogenated oils or other ingredients is not healthy, but even the natural butter faces a little controversy. It is high in saturated fat, however, it more alarmingly contains potentially harmful toxins. I posted a link to an article with more information, for anyone interested:
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/how-bad-is-peanut-butter-really/#axzz2eRHZx5zF

I personally love peanut butter so much that I will continue to eat it, in moderation of course. I do opt for almond butter instead most days. But I honestly don't think I could give it up! So my question is, do you eat peanut butter?

i eat peanut butter all the time. it is great with bananas. i don't eat natural style peanut butter though. only the store's crunchy style brand. i'll have to find natural peanut butter at some point and give it a shot. thanks for the information.

I can't bear the stuff!:yuck:

I worked on a dig with some American students once, and one time we left them in charge of making the sandwiches for lunch, and they made nothing but peanut butter and jam (jelly). I was not pleased!

I ate peanut butter so often that I forced myself to switch over to natural. For a while I didn't love it, but over time I grew to enjoy it just as much as the other kind!

There used to be a store near me that had a grinder where you could make your own and buy it by weight. It was my favorite.

I don't eat peanut butter as often as I use to because I eat other things so I kinda put it in the back of my mind. I like peanut butter, but I like to eat other things so I eatit whenever I have an urge for it.

Well that's another thing. I'll go through phases where I eat a ton of it, then not touch it for ages.

But recently I discovered almond butter, which is also very nice, and makes a nice change.

I have never eaten almond butter, but I have thought about trying it. Maybe I will buy some and see if I like it.

Peanut butter here is costly whether the commercial kind or natural, so I can't eat it as often as I would like but sure I love it and once that I start eating some, I can't stop eating it :love:

Peanut butter here is costly whether the commercial kind or natural, so I can't eat it as often as I would like but sure I love it and once that I start eating some, I can't stop eating it :love:

I know that feeling, I have been known to finish the tub with a spoon. ::shifty eyes::

Where abouts do you live?

Yes, I eat naturally peanut butter. I grew up on regular peanut butter and it took awhile to get used to the difference.
I make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch whenever I'm on the go.

I haven't tried almond butter yet. It does cost more than natural peanut butter and it's smooth. I like my peanut butter crunchy.

Yes, I love natural peanut butter. Growing up my parents bought the kind with sugar added which is awesome too but now that I'm an adult and buy my own food I prefer the natural peanuts only kind. It makes me feel better about eating so much of it :wink: Almond butter is also great but I like peanut butter better.

I haven't tried cashew nut butter before. I do like nuts so I should try that out and see how it tastes.

I haven't tried cashew nut butter before. I do like nuts so I should try that out and see how it tastes.

I have a big thing for cashew nuts. I rather like them and they are so very useful. They find their way into a lot of my meals, even stews, casseroles and soups, either whole (just boiled to soften them) or liquidised to form a non-dairy cream thickener which works really.

I also rather like tahini - sesami seed butter in all but name. I can eat it off the spoon, but it is also excellent mixed with grape molasses and spread on bread.
Both whole seed (dark brown) and the skinned version (light) tahini can be found in ample supply in my cupboards. Tahini features in most of my vegan pates and quite a few of my other recipes as well.

Back
Top Bottom