Do you ever have any strange cravings?

DIna00

Veteran
Local time
11:59 PM
A strange craving I've been having lately is Franks red hot sauce with blue cheese. I had to run out a few days ago to find myself some blue cheese, then I steamed a head of broccoli and doused it with hot sauce and crumbled blue cheese. It was very good.

Then yesterday I made an adaptation of a recipe I saw on the internet, Buffalo Chick Pea chili.
Suateed onions
diced tomatoes
chick peas
chicken broth
quinoa
Frank's red hot sauce
Simmered into a chili, then served covered with more hot sauce, blue cheese, and green onions. Another good one!

Do you ever have any strange cravings for certain food combinations?

I once had a craving while on a drive. I stopped off in a Little Chef and ordered a side order of veg much to the confusion of the waitress.

Other then that I generally crave cake and jelly beans!

We went out for a meal this evening with TVC's brother, he is staying over. I ordered white chocolate and raspberry roulade-with 3 spoons, they weren't all for me

As of late, I've been having this insatiable craving for slice cheddar cheese! No bread or anything else, just the cheese!! :ohmy:

only when i am unwell,strong breakfast tea with milk and a chunky kit kat,thats it i am afraid ,

Not sure if this counts as a strange craving but sometimes I want to eat just rice and fish sauce mixed with some oil. I used to eat that a lot when I was a kid and it brings back memories, I guess

Sometimes I crave pickled jalapeno pepper brine. Not the peppers just the brine with some fresh French bread to soak it all up. I also use the French bread technique with soaking up an obscene amount of Worcestershire sauce. I think I have a problem...:facepalm:

Yesterday we returned home from an 11 night holiday in Thailand, had an absolutely fantastic time. Whilst we were enjoying fresh tasty Thai food I developed a craving for chocolate, I never get choc cravings but I did a couple of days ago. I had a mini chocolate brownie with piped chocolate on the top, total scrummy but that is now it for choc craving.

I sometimes get a craving for olive brine. Yes, I love the olives themselves and I don't think its healthy to drink the salty brine like that, but I really sometimes get a hankering for it. It's like liquid olives, tastes just the same.

This craving happens too often to me
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrxsq10I-_JHgmv6-NCL7ZgTyk66EuanruH2k-LQfI8Pdhl8vnAKEp4lI.jpg

The only time I ever really had strong cravings for any particular food was when I was pregnant! For a while I couldn't get enough of jalapenos - literally, I would eat them straight from the jar...and then I went through a phase of wanting nothing but super salty french fries slathered in brown gravy. Apart from that though my food cravings are generally pretty manageable and normal - but when I was pregnant I needed the food I was craving right at that moment or I would feel super sick!

Back
Top Bottom