Do you ever recreate the recipes you see on TV Shows?

Do you ever recreate the recipes you see on TV Shows?

• Total voters
Yep. The worst part about this, though, is that sometimes these shows on the Food Network don't include recipes or step by step instructions, and they don't always specify ingredient amounts on the show. So I always have to be hopeful that they have the recipe online or I have to estimate some things.

I lately really enjoy copying some things I see in Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

I can't remember a single time I actually made something I saw on tv. However, most of the cooking shows I watch are more reality-based competitions. So they didn't really take you through a step-by-step guide. I definitely prefer to have a recipe in front of me if I'm making something for the first time.

I watch a TON of cooking shows but have never recreated any of the recipes per say. I have used them as a jumping point though. Like I'll see something that I think looks good then think oh I should change this or add that. Do any of you do this?

Yes, I do try to recreate recipes I see on tv shows. Although I almost always have to add my own twist to the recipe. This is partly due to not remembering everything they said and/or not having all of the ingredients called for. And also because I do my best to make the recipes healthy.

From cooking shows? Of course, that's what they're there for. ;-) But if you mean like some fictional food that's shown... Maybe sometimes, but unless they're described with the characters talking or shown for something that it clearly is, like spaghetti tacos, then it just registers in my mind as decoration. Books (novels, not cookbooks) tend to be more detailed. Even when they're not, they can get me curious about making or somehow trying a food (like Edmund Pevensie's Turkish Delight from The Chronicles of Narnia, which I thought must have been pretty good if he betrayed his family for it. Then I ate some and concluded that Edmund just hated his family.)

The movie Ratatouille gave me a craving for ratatouille, though. Up to now I've never tried that.

Not anymore. When I was younger I used to watch one of those Jamie Oliver shows. Some of his recipes were really easy to make so I copied them, and they did turn out to be really tasty!

Nowadays I get most of my recipes from the internet.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit this...I was watching a soap opera with my mother and one of the characters died from eating poisoned peanut butter pancakes. This was the most ridiculous thing every, so what we do after the show was over? We made peanut butter pancakes. We were that inspired by a fictional characters death, lol.

Back
Top Bottom