Do you go crazy with salt?

I tend to avoid prepared food with hidden salt in it,but I do cook with a little salt and tend to add salt to my food ,as I exercise over two hours a day I loose salt in my sweat ,seem to have my levels right as avoided cramps since spring time

I like using as much of it as I can get away with, and it's caused me some health problems in the past, so having learned my lesson, I now use it a bit more moderately. However, old habits die hard, so whenever I find myself eating too much salty food, I just combat it by chasing it down with as much water as possible.

I love salt but try to not be too heavy handed when using it. I like to use it when cooking and then try to not add any additional salt. Using it when I am cooking forces me to use very little because not everyone I cook for likes salt so I don't want them to not be able to east because the food is too salty. To replace salt I try to use herbs and spices (have to check because some spice "combos" have salt mixed in) to give my food flavor.

I'm trying to cut down on my salt intake but its hard when your used to using salt in nearly everything, l have been reducing my salt in boiled vegetables and ideally l want to stop using salt altogether but that's work in progess l'm afraid to say. Have you had the same problem?

I can so relate to that and in my case it's work in progress as well. I don't use actual salt. I use things with salt content; soy sauce, garlic salt and the like. I just like tasty food but I should hold off because I am hypertensive. I try to steam more vegetable instead of stir frying and that yummy stuff.

I use as little salt as possible in cooking and afterwards. Some people like it, but I prefer to season with herbs and sauces. Salt is hidden in many sauces already, but once I was cooking and the salt dispenser broke and too much salt came out and after that I have always been cautious about adding salt as I had to throw out the food. As they say, you can always add, but can't take out.

I suffer from hypertension which means i cook with little or no salt at all... however i use a lot of garlic seasoning in my dishes and it does taste great...anyway i've gotten use to not cooking with salt so that if i should taste something salty it would definitely throw me off.

Back
Top Bottom