Do you guys watch cooking videos on Youtube?

Alunny

Veteran
Local time
1:16 AM
Website
www.jades-world.com
So I am going to start my own cooking channel on Youtube. I've bought all sorts of new things to prepare me including measuring cups/spoons (really pretty ones) and glass sauce bowls to hold measured ingredients. I picked everything up for a couple of bucks at $2 stores but they look so good I honestly expected to pay top dollar but I spent literally $10 to get prepared so I am pretty psyched about this. It doesn't matter if it's a huge success or never gets any views because I'm doing it for fun :D.

I'm not an expert, I am a beginner, but I've found a new love for cooking and trying new things that I didn't have before and I want to share my discoveries - failures and successes - with others. I watch a lot of vids on Youtube for cooking and I want to know:

Do you watch cooking shows on Youtube?
Which ones?
What do you like/dislike about each one you mentioned?
What's missing from them?

I have not really spent much time watching cooking shows on YouTube, but if I had more time, I probably would. Your idea sounds like a fun and interesting one, and I hope you are sucessful. Can you share your link with us so that we can log on and check out your show?

Aside from my old collections of recipes that I got from my mother and my cookbooks and list of recipes that I innovated and had tested I do still watch cooking videos in youtube to try learning additional new recipes.

I have not really spent much time watching cooking shows on YouTube, but if I had more time, I probably would. Your idea sounds like a fun and interesting one, and I hope you are sucessful. Can you share your link with us so that we can log on and check out your show?

I will definitely do so! I'm going to have some prep videos like how to line cake tins or cut a whole chicken for butterflying/pieces, etc so I can reference them and keep my videos relatively short. Then too if you know that step you don't have to sit through it or fast forward.

Aside from my old collections of recipes that I got from my mother and my cookbooks and list of recipes that I innovated and had tested I do still watch cooking videos in youtube to try learning additional new recipes.

What channels do you watch? You didn't answer any of my questions. :/

I'm with @Rosyrain on this one.

I don't really watch YouTube unless I have a specific video to watch for a very specific reason. In fact I have disabled all YouTube links on my Sony tablet because it was annoying me. Facebook, G+ and various others have also ask be disabled. But if I have a specific reason to watch something via a link to it, that's fine.

Do you watch cooking shows on Youtube?
Which ones?
What do you like/dislike about each one you mentioned?
What's missing from them?
So I can only answer your first question, no.
I just dislike YouTube full stop really, it has too much bad content. I'm sure there is good content there as well, but it seems to me that it is lost in amongst the horrendous and seriously bad content. :typing:

I love Jamie Oliver's YT channel. He's one of my favorite celebrity chefs because he's really personable and seems to have lots of fun.

Here's a video of him making scrambled eggs 3 ways that I really enjoyed.

Have seen a few videos by Chef John at Food wishes .com,it's ok if that's your thing

Mr WD has watched videos on youtube about BBQ sauce, and how to BBQ meat. As a result, we have bought certain BBQ sauce brands and tried them. they have been quite successful.

I prefer to watch beauty related youtube videos for some reason. However if for some reason I am following a receipe and there is something I don't understand I tend to look it up on Youtube. However if it was an interesting channel I would watch it. In my opinion someone that is really interested in what they do and is really passionate makes it something that people want to watch. Something in general that I enjoy is when people don't take themselves too seriously. If you mess up doing something for example, keep it in the clip to show people not what to do. That is just my opinion of what I think would make it an interesting channel to watch :)

I had to watch one recently on how to peel a mango, because I hadn't eaten one before. I didn't expect it to be such a challenge, but in the end it proved to be worth it (these things are absolutely delicious). :D

I do from time to time. There is a site I visit, the name of which I can't remember right now (need to learn how to use my computer better) that will often or always have a Youtube video. I actually think it's neat to watch how others prepare meals. One of my favourites was a video about a 3 ingredient cookie or two :scratchhead:. Anyway, the presenter was not the least bit impressed with the outcome and said so. I rather like that kind of honesty. Way too often some want to portray perfection when it's just not the case.

I prefer to watch beauty related youtube videos for some reason. However if for some reason I am following a receipe and there is something I don't understand I tend to look it up on Youtube. However if it was an interesting channel I would watch it. In my opinion someone that is really interested in what they do and is really passionate makes it something that people want to watch. Something in general that I enjoy is when people don't take themselves too seriously. If you mess up doing something for example, keep it in the clip to show people not what to do. That is just my opinion of what I think would make it an interesting channel to watch :)
I do from time to time. There is a site I visit, the name of which I can't remember right now (need to learn how to use my computer better) that will often or always have a Youtube video. I actually think it's neat to watch how others prepare meals. One of my favourites was a video about a 3 ingredient cookie or two :scratchhead:. Anyway, the presenter was not the least bit impressed with the outcome and said so. I rather like that kind of honesty. Way too often some want to portray perfection when it's just not the case.

Thanks guys! I do intend to do that for sure!! I will be making things "for the first time" and following recipes I find on the net....so in other words I will be going in completely blind! I am sure disaster, as well as some amazing victories, will ensue! :D

We will be editing but it won't be so heavily as to kill mistakes, etc. I do a lot of minecraft videos and edit those really well so if I screw up people can laugh at me and also know where to fix it. With cooking you can't really rewind....so....it's all or nothing, unless you have time and money to try again (which I do not!). Besides that, by doing new recipes that are from random places online...I am bound to run into fail recipes.

I had to watch one recently on how to peel a mango, because I hadn't eaten one before. I didn't expect it to be such a challenge, but in the end it proved to be worth it (these things are absolutely delicious). :D

Mangos are my FAVOURITE!!!! You don't peel them by the way, you slice slightly off from the middle (or I just slice the middle then curve around the pit) and then you lightly slice the flesh and not the skin into a criss cross pattern. Then you turn it inside out and the squares pop up so you can eat them!

Or if you're a pig like me, after you slice the halves off, and the slithers left on the sides, you just make long slices and use your teeth to separate everything as you pull the skin back out....similar to oranges but you have long strips instead of wedges. I just find this less messy than trying to bite squares off the skin ha ha.

Simple answer. No. Never have the time to watch YT. Barely have time to watch TV unless it's on in the kitchen whilst I cook.

I am considering posting my weekly menus on Amazon for people to download though. I thought that if I set out the menu for the week along with a full ingredient list and then a day by day, meal by meal how to prepare that people might save some time in planning as I had already done the hard bit for them.

MM

Watching videos online is helpful for a beginner like me. It gives me a good idea on how to go about cooking the dish that I want with less guesswork and reading. Video tutorials are good to watch they save me time. One of the channels I find interesting on youtube is the French Guy cooking

I watch cooking videos all the time, when I'm not cooking I'm watching. My favorite youtube channel is Gordon Ramsay's. His shorter videos are around 2 minutes and the longer ones are 5 minutes. That's a testament to how easy his recipes are, he doesn't play around and he gets right to the point of cooking I like his fast-paced shows. He indulges you at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom